Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

920xt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have used the beta now for the last month, sorted a map and course issue just in time for me. Apps are pretty poor so far.. not much in the data field category.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

viperlogic wrote: »
    Since the GPS update about a month ago the watch has been bullet proof for me. Was looking forward to ConnectIQ stuff but stopped wearing it as a daily so won't be taking full advantage of that now. Use the Withings Activite as my daily now, certainly better looking!

Do you just buy all the latest gadgets or do you do training and racing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

tunney wrote: »

All of the above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

That's a bit rich..........

BTH wrote: »
    That's a bit rich..........

I have gotten one new toy in years.

Not a polar, garmin and withings in the last three months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I have gotten one new toy in years.

Not a polar, garmin and withings in the last three months

Technically thats not true,
    1x wireless srm
    10x garmin 910xt
    1x garmin 920 (so far)

Technically thats not true,
    1x wireless srm
    10x garmin 910xt
    1x garmin 920 (so far)

2011 for wireless srms
    only paid for one 910xt and that was guts of three years ago

only the 920xt

3.03 beta out now http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=7627

Changes made from version 2.70 to 3.03:
    Connect IQ watch faces that support gesture detection are now able to update every second when you raise your wrist.
    Add support for Cycling Dynamics with Vector pedals.
    Add support for Shimano Di2 shifters.
    Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tech232

Anyone know if these beta firmware features available in Fenix 3, I understand the share most of the same code base.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Anyone know if I'd get a replacement charger in Ireland or would I need to go online ?

• Advertisement

So much for connect IQ apps, not much there today for launch

tech232 wrote: »
    So much for connect IQ apps, not much there today for launch

They launched quite some time ago. There is a phased approach to launch. Datafields and watch faces until SDK and store stabilised. Then the apps come. There are no apps there yet.

They have launched already with 3 apps, I installed the SkyWatch App to test but it's more of a demo of the watch's abilities than useful

tech232 wrote: »
    They have launched already with 3 apps, I installed the SkyWatch App to test but it's more of a demo of the watch's abilities than useful

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

€437 delivered for the heart monitor bundle. €395 for just watch.

http://www.runnerinn.com/running/garmin-forerunner-920xt-hrm---tri-blue---black/674020/p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

Anyone getting trouble with the Pace on outdoor run.?? On the 920 .
    Mine is all over the place, seems the slightest cloud or tree cover sends it GaGa .???
    I had the 910 and ran on the same tracks with no problems at all.
    Any help.?

Mine is all over the place, seems the slightest cloud or tree cover sends it GaGa .???
    Any help.?

I never use the instant pace, just lap average and overall pace avg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Any help.?

I saw this mentioned a few times on twitter. A common issue apparently

pgibbo wrote: »
    I saw this mentioned a few times on twitter. A common issue apparently

I only see this since 3.30 firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Apologies for pulling the thread back up.. wondering if anyone has any idea where the best deals are currently? So far I can see handtec have the black HRM bundle at the cheapest... http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-920xt-hrm-run-black-blue.html

I have no preference to colour, but want one of the bundles... ideas? Just in case my usual site checks are missing anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I was checking around recently and while I know who has the best prices in Ireland that price is ridiculous! !

Be hard pushed to find cheaper TBH

(Bundle is €499 here)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

I was thinking of trying to buy a second hand older model, but at that price I think i will buy new. must check details of offer, see if there is any catches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Wonder if part of the reason for that price drop is because of the new swim heart rate straps announced, can gat a pack now with a tri heart rate monitor (swim, bike, run) and pool heart rate monitor?

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/07/garmins-hr-swimming-straps.html

Agreed, it is ridiculously cheap. My edge 500 was acting up and has poor battery this past year while my old FT2 HR monitor is now banjaxed (but doesn't owe me anything after 5 years!), so I've been planning a new purchase with my first paycheck as a graduate! Planning on doing DCM again this year too, so was considering just getting a 510/810 and one of the forerunners... But realistically the 920xt is the smart buy.

That's interesting about the new hr straps and could well be the reason for a drop in the bundle price. Would you believe I never knew this was only a new thing for Garmin... I just assumed they all had it as my trusty old Polar FT2 had HR while swimming. I wouldn't mind the standard bundle and then purchasing the additional strap.

Obviously I would prefer to spend the money in a shop. I bought my most recent bike and other regular purchases in B2R so I might give them a call at lunch and see if they will be dropping their prices any time soon... Would need new cadence sensors etc so will see if they can do anything for me, but I get that their hands are tied.... AKW will now step in and offer 35% off coupons for everyone if we buy a bulk order! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Them individual straps are priced around 100 euro each from what I can find out. The new tri package (quick release kit, swim HRM, Tri HRM and black-grey watch) comes in around 600 euro!!

joey100 wrote: »
    Wonder if part of the reason for that price drop is because of the new swim heart rate straps announced, can gat a pack now with a tri heart rate monitor (swim, bike, run) and pool heart rate monitor?

Nothing to do with it. Distribution model for Ireland changed recently.

May happen in future that the 920 ships only with the HRM tri, but will always be an option.

Rose have the bundle at 420, with 9 euro delivery.. they are also only 69 for the new speed/cadence sensors which I also need.

Also, AKW, I can only see the bundle for 535 http://amphibianking.ie/667-garmin-920-xt-with-hrm-.html .... as opposed to the 499? Obviously I would prefer to purchase in store in Ireland. It's hard though when the above price from rose will come in at over 150 euro cheaper than even say, wiggle, let alone an irish shop. Any concerns in relation to warranty etc if purchased from Rose?

Maybe it's time dealers here try and have a word with garmin to stop taking the pi$s? Although I'm sure they would probably tell me they're flogging a dead horse....

Who are Rose?

That's not my website BTW, www.amphibiankingwest.com links directly to me. I know I'm cheaper than Wiggle.

AKW wrote: »
    Who are Rose?

That's not my website BTW, www.amphibiankingwest.com links directly to me. I know I'm cheaper than Wiggle.
    Sorry :/

You know what they say about making assumptions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Advertisement