Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice about rabbit

• 01-10-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi all my little one want rabbit as a pet so we got her yesterday he is 11weeks old nice cute little rabbit we have some food for him but wondering does he need any vaccination if so does anyone knows a good&reasonable to afford vet and any other advice to keep him healthy thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I would recommend getting him vaccinated. I'm not sure where you are based to recommend a vet.

Rabbits need as large a living space as possible. Not the tiny hutches sold in many pet shops. Bedding can be straw or shavings.

It is essential that your rabbit has access to fresh hay daily & this should make up the bulk of its diet. It should also be fed a good quality pellet diet. The all in one nuts prevent selective feeding. I would recommend Burgess Excel. You can supplement this with fresh human grade veggies but not too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sajid.ahmed

Knine wrote: »
    I would recommend getting him vaccinated. I'm not sure where you are based to recommend a vet.

Rabbits need as large a living space as possible. Not the tiny hutches sold in many pet shops. Bedding can be straw or shavings.

It is essential that your rabbit has access to fresh hay daily & this should make up the bulk of its diet. It should also be fed a good quality pellet diet. The all in one nuts prevent selective feeding. I would recommend Burgess Excel. You can supplement this with fresh human grade veggies but not too many.

thank you very much for all information i am based in tullow so any good vet around carlow area please advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

There's a lovely vet on the tullow road heading out of carlow, can't remember the name but heard they deal with smallies, if you rabbit is male I'd ask about neutering, they start to spray as they mature. Talk to the vet for more info.

(It may be called vetcare? Can't remember, but staff are lovely, I met them when collecting my rescue kitty)

Advertisement