Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to billing terms

Options
  • 01-10-2014 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I moved house and renewed my contract with eircom. 

Got my first bill and I have some queries.

My new bill is for the period 25 Sep to 24 November. Why is this?
    I have never paid bi-monthly and do not wish to pay bi-monthly.

Monthly suits me better and I was not advised that would change when I renewed.

Can I get this changed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ash23 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can I get this changed.
    Thanks
    Hi ash23

Please PM me your account number and I will arrange for this to be reverted to a monthly billing cycle. I can only ensure future bills are monthly and the current bi-monthly charge will remain.

Thanks
    Al

Hi,

Can I get this changed.
    Thanks
    Hi ash23

Please PM me your account number and I will arrange for this to be reverted to a monthly billing cycle. I can only ensure future bills are monthly and the current bi-monthly charge will remain.

Thanks
    Al
    HI ash23

I have had confirmation that this has now been arranged

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Hi Alan,

Sorry to bump this thread but I've an issue with the bill I've just gotten.

As advised here, I paid the September bill which brought me up to the month of December so my next bill was due this month.

Got my bill this morning and there was a charge of €15 for a missed payment last month. I did get a bill but it was for 36cent so I didn't pay it.

Also, my previous account was always paid via online banking/eircom website. When I tried to arrange a house move, I couldn't proceed without giving bank details. I don't want to pay by direct debit. I cancelled my direct debit with eircom as I wish to pay as I have done for the last number of years so I don't wish to incurr a charge of €15 every month for a direct debit that I don't want.

My pay dates vary so direct debit doesn't suit me.
    Thanks

Hi Alan,

Sorry to bump this thread but I've an issue with the bill I've just gotten.

As advised here, I paid the September bill which brought me up to the month of December so my next bill was due this month.

Got my bill this morning and there was a charge of €15 for a missed payment last month. I did get a bill but it was for 36cent so I didn't pay it.

Also, my previous account was always paid via online banking/eircom website. When I tried to arrange a house move, I couldn't proceed without giving bank details. I don't want to pay by direct debit. I cancelled my direct debit with eircom as I wish to pay as I have done for the last number of years so I don't wish to incurr a charge of €15 every month for a direct debit that I don't want.

My pay dates vary so direct debit doesn't suit me.
    Thanks
    Very sorry to hear this ash23

Could you please PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in tot his for you?

Thanks
    Al

Another bill arrived. The 15e charge had been credited to my account but there has been another 15e charge made for non payment of direct debit.

Can this please be amended.

• Advertisement

Another bill arrived. The 15e charge had been credited to my account but there has been another 15e charge made for non payment of direct debit.

Can this please be amended.
    Sorry to hear this ash23

I will look in to this and get back to you as soon as I have clarification from our accounts team.

Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do Eircom charge customers extra for not paying by direct debit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

dub45 wrote: »
    Hi dub45
    no, there may be a deposit of some services if no direct debit set up, but no extra charge.
    Tony

What happened was that I renewed my contract when I moved house. I'd never been on direct debit the previous years with eircom. So I cancelled the direct debit that was set up with my new account and now am being charged 15e each time the direct debit fails on eircoms end.
    I thought cancelling it with the bank was enough but I should have checked into it further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

What happened was that I renewed my contract when I moved house. I'd never been on direct debit the previous years with eircom. So I cancelled the direct debit that was set up with my new account and now am being charged 15e each time the direct debit fails on eircoms end.
    I thought cancelling it with the bank was enough but I should have checked into it further.
    Al, will be back with update on this also ash23.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Charge for last month is still showing on my bill this month. Can this be removed please.

Charge still on the bill. Can someone get back to me on this please?

Thanks

Charge still on the bill. Can someone get back to me on this please?

Thanks
    Hi ash23

The credit for this has previously been applied to your account,

The failed Direct debit penalty occured Twice and a credit reflecting the refund of the charges was applied and displays as credit on your bill number 4 dated 22/12/14

No further direct debit charges have applied.

If you would like to discus this further please PM me your mobile number and I'll arrange a call for you for tomorrow anytime.

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan. There was a charge of 15 in November which was credited in December. I also had another credit in December for a bundle of approx 20. However on the December bill there was a 15 charge for direct debit which wasn't credited in either my January or February bill. I did get another credit in February for another bundle change but I don't think the 15 which was added to my December bill was ever removed. 

Hi Alan. There was a charge of 15 in November which was credited in December. I also had another credit in December for a bundle of approx 20. However on the December bill there was a 15 charge for direct debit which wasn't credited in either my January or February bill. I did get another credit in February for another bundle change but I don't think the 15 which was added to my December bill was ever removed. 
    Thanks for clarifying that ash23 - that makes a lot of sense from what I can see

I have removed the €15 today

Thanks
    Al

Great thanks amillion

Great thanks amillion
    No worries ash23

Al

Advertisement