Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Work Enterprise allowance - can you reapply if you don't get it?

Options
  • 01-10-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey there,

Tomorrow is the day I'll find out if my application for the back to work enterprise allowance is successful.

While I'm acting as though I WILL get it (everything in place and prepared, ready to go!) I'm also wondering what if I DON'T get it.

I was thinking of just discussing with my mentor where I went wrong and then applying again straight away, however I don't know if this is allowed. I haven't found anything online about re applying, only that you can make an appeal if you feel you were turned down the allowance unfairly.

Does anyone have any experience with the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance at all? Any good / bad / indifferent stories to share with me? Would love to hear!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Hey there,

Tomorrow is the day I'll find out if my application for the back to work enterprise allowance is successful.

While I'm acting as though I WILL get it (everything in place and prepared, ready to go!) I'm also wondering what if I DON'T get it.

I was thinking of just discussing with my mentor where I went wrong and then applying again straight away, however I don't know if this is allowed. I haven't found anything online about re applying, only that you can make an appeal if you feel you were turned down the allowance unfairly.

Does anyone have any experience with the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance at all? Any good / bad / indifferent stories to share with me? Would love to hear!!

Hi did you get approval after? When did you apply? Applied mid August and still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 8 entrepreneur01

Hi did you get approval after? When did you apply? Applied mid August and still waiting

Hmm... I applied in September.. on the 2nd actually. Today is the day I SHOULD hear. But like, I say 'I applied'.... and in between that I must have made a zillion phone calls to check in and see did they get such and such a form... anything else they need... so on. I've learned from working with the social welfare and / or local community offices that an almost constant vigil is needed to move anything forward. For example; I had sent off my forms two weeks early to be sure that they would get to the next town (half an hour away) in time. Two weeks later, still hadn't heard any confirmation about it. A couple of days before the deadline, still hadn't heard anything. Rang the place. They'd lost the forms. So, I filled them out again, and sent them on again. The thing is that if I hadn't rang them, they wouldn't have gotten in touch with me. Nothing would have been done.

In short, don't bother waiting to hear anything, get on the phone and see what you can do for yourself. At least you'll feel like you're being pro active and trying to move your life forward even if it doesn't do too much.

Advertisement