Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyper V lab setups

Options
  • 01-10-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Hey, what do people here use for their lab setups? I know that the full version of HyperV '12 requires Server '12.
    I am starting an azure trial, it's free for a month. Mostly to get a look at Server '12, SCOm '12 and HyperV '12. But just wondering what others use for their lab setup. Cheap cloud hosting or hardware?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I'm using VMware workstation 10 on windows/Ubuntu, hasn't let me down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hey, what do people here use for their lab setups? I know that the full version of HyperV '12 requires Server '12.
    I am starting an azure trial, it's free for a month. Mostly to get a look at Server '12, SCOm '12 and HyperV '12. But just wondering what others use for their lab setup. Cheap cloud hosting or hardware?

Too many factors for a easy answer.

Is the lab setup permanent or temporary?
    Whats your current home setup?
    Whats the overall budget?
    Are you intending to branch away from Microsoft labs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Hyper V is free with Windows 8 as well... I have it on my laptop... It's not really practical for a production environment, but boy is it great for learning Hyper-V and booting up whatever OS you want to view...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

+1 for VMWorkstation. Getting comortable with Azure is a good idea but can be an expensive hobby.

Advertisement