Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK Season 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

At the rate Alan Sugar is going he'll have no candidates left in two weeks time. He was dead right to get rid of those three though.

I'd say Pamela has a good chance of winning this year - so far she seems to be the most capable of the lot. G'wan Pamela! Do it for Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

i love the two Irish women! They seem some of the more competent in the pack

gubbie wrote: »

don't know about the dark one, she throws everyone under the buss at first sign of failure. I swore she'd be in the room last night. The blonde girl seems very good, very calm, managed and assertive. She defended herself well last week.

ha ha ha, a hypnotherapist that cannot get people to listen to her??? really??
    this is not the game for you love, hike up your skirt and slap on the lipstic, they're looking for xmas staff in harrods!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

gubbie wrote: »

Agreed! I think they'll both be at the sharp end of the process. Róisín comes across as a nice person and I thought she had a great presence on the video.

Meanwhile I just love hearing Pamela's big mad Waterford accent in Lord Sugar's boardroom - not something I'd ever thought I'd hear! :D

im not being bias or anything but I think the irish girls rank high in attractiveness too. Did you hear sugar talking about the project manager, "she obviously very smart and educated". did you hear her speaking in the car and the boardroom?? shocking level of English.

where as rosin comes across great with a likeable aura and has a natural rapport with the camera, hence chosen as the viral video hostess!!
    I thought she's have the back dug out of her for that from the other girls.
    plus did you see the Body on her in Iceland in the oul bikini!! go on the OIRISH!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Is the calibre of contestants lower because it's more business proposal based over the past few yrs? I think when Sir Alan had his own proposal and was looking for the ideal candidate it meant the people appearing in the programme were much more clued in and professional. Since the approach changed, it seems like he chose the 20 or so most interesting/workable proposals and whoever suggested them appears in the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Yeah I agree. And then this week, all three were ideas he probably wouldn't have worked with. So I think it does have a part to play.

Ultimately, he's going to pick the business he most wants to be involved in, which is not necessarily the right person.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It'd be nice to know exactly what everyone's business idea is from the very start... Did they get into any of that in the pre-season episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Havent been reading back on the thread much but WOW! Saucy stuff three gone. That Irish 'wan' was so desperate at the end god love her.

I have to say though to be honest it was an easy task and in my opinion both teams approached it wrong.
    If I was in there position I would have had a channel on food but something fun and informative like '100 ways to cook chicken' '50 things to do with a spare egg' These Late 20s - 30s people have no clue of humour.

I'm really starting to like Rowsheen as everyone calls her. Best of luck to her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Havent been reading back on the thread much but WOW! Saucy stuff three gone. That Irish 'wan' was so desperate at the end god love her.

Pamela? What did she do that was desperate? I thought she did quite well this week!

• Advertisement

Pamela? What did she do that was desperate? I thought she did quite well this week!

No I mean desperate at the end in the boardroom. Like she kept saying please lord sugar and I wont let you down the usual.

Besides this is what she wanted a 250,000 investment for?

Also thank god that blonde bimbo is gone who does she think she is telling them how to dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No I mean desperate at the end in the boardroom. Like she kept saying please lord sugar and I wont let you down the usual.

Besides this is what she wanted a 250,000 investment for?

Also thank god that blonde bimbo is gone who does she think she is telling them how to dress.

Are you thinking of Ella Jade?

Are you thinking of Ella Jade?

OPPSSS Sorry sorry I got my people mixed up. I though Ella jade was the Irish one but Pamela is the Irish one! My fault. They look alike actually and the fact that there was 20 candidates makes it harder to learn names!
    Ya Pamela did good this week actually! Best of luck to both Irish girls. Seems to be the only two with sense.

P.s on another note that James guy goes through my head!!! Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The standard of candidates is terrible. I work work in a small company and could pick 20 better entrepreneurs.

The Irish girls seems very grounded, focused and to have lots of ability. I reckon it could come down to them and the aussie at the end although I expect someone to come out of the woodwork over the next few episodes.

What are the Irish girls business plan?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I'm really enjoying this series, but tbh I feel they should just have started with the usual 16 at the beginning. The series always gets better as the numbers lessen and we get to know the contestants better. Four weeks in now and I can barely remember most of their names.

Still though, it's pretty good so far!

I have to say though to be honest it was an easy task and in my opinion both teams approached it wrong.
    If I was in there position I would have had a channel on food but something fun and informative like '100 ways to cook chicken' '50 things to do with a spare egg' These Late 20s - 30s people have no clue of humour.

I'm really starting to like Rowsheen as everyone calls her. Best of luck to her! :)

Yeah I was thinking first date tips With the caption, first date or worst date and an intriguing pic. Battle of the sexes and date stuff will drag in the right demographic as there the ones who use YouTube the most and love to date... Simples.. I swear sum of these have their head up there arses cos they're so self involved they only think, hey what do I like????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I just saw this ad for last year's season. The bit with Nick and Karren at the end is hilarious.

I also love the final look Sugar gives to the camera at the very end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sarah wasn't expecting to get fired?! Seriously?!

How did see even get past the interviews?

She uses dating websites and her plan was to build one. It's not exactly experience :confused:

I use Facebook, I couldn't build it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

mikemac1 wrote: »
    How did see even get past the interviews?

She uses dating websites and her plan was to build one. It's not exactly experience :confused:

I use Facebook, I couldn't build it

This may be the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Potatoes glittering in the Sun", classic.

Glad dara didnt let her get away with the €250 worth of cleaning supplies either...

Oh yeah and the bit in the car where Steven was in the front rehearsing that horrible pitch and the other 3 were in the back with these looks of horror on their faces, brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

What struck me last episode is when people are under pressure how language just fails. Every single one of the three candidates who were fired either during the boardroom or in the taxi afterwards forgot pronouns or how to make verbs agree properly. These are confident and in Ella Jades case very articulate and well educated individuals who just became nonsensical when they were under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

cloudatlas wrote: »
    What struck me last episode is when people are under pressure how language just fails. Every single one of the three candidates who were fired either during the boardroom or in the taxi afterwards forgot pronouns or how to make verbs agree properly. These are confident and in Ella Jades case very articulate and well educated individuals who just became nonsensical when they were under pressure.

The same thing seems to happen to them in presentations....

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

cloudatlas wrote: »

Eh I'd say when you lose out on the opportunity of a quarter of a million pound injection into your business, being grammatically correct and coherent are the last things on your mind! :p

Also as already said, that girl Ella Jade had bigger issues than grammar...loss of self-respect for starters!

What's the task tonight? :)

I want to see the Aussie guy as PM. He seems a strong candidate, maybe he can get a victory

I also want to see Jemma as PM, she's the one with short blonde hair and glasses and hasn't stood out at all. I had to look her name!

List of remaining candidates here, it's not a spoiler
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/DtbQhp3GLWfgscn7BnnD9S/meet-the-candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

mikemac1 wrote: »
    What's the task tonight? :)

I want to see the Aussie guy as PM. He seems a strong candidate, maybe he can get a victory

I also want to see Jemma as PM, she's the one with short blonde hair and glasses and hasn't stood out at all. I had to look her name!

List of remaining candidates here, it's not a spoiler
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/DtbQhp3GLWfgscn7BnnD9S/meet-the-candidates

Tonight they have to organise coach tours outside of London afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What trash gets taken out tonight

There's so much scope for ****-ups in this. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Coach trip!

Trip to Bath would work, it's what I would do anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

People who say "This is what I do" usually end up being fired for their incompetence.

Advertisement