Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK Season 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Going by business plans alone, I agree with Sugar's decision.

Sorry to see Daniel and Roisin gone, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Babe.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Going by business plans alone, I agree with Sugar's decision.

Sorry to see Daniel and Roisin gone, though.

if only her business plan was a buying diamonds business! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Bianca has a massive forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

thelad95 wrote: »
    Bianca has a massive forehead.

She's make an excellent Klingon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Rosin looking super fine on the after show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Anyone else get the impression Daniel *really* didn't want to appear on You're Fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

gubbie wrote: »
    At least Daniel will provide great entertainment on You're Fired if he's fired!

He was very good! You could sense out of all the candidates so far (except Stephen maybe!) Dara was very eager to chat to Daniel! Wished the spent more time interviewing him, was definitely rushed with three candidates being fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do they get a bonus of some sort for appearing on 'you're fired'? It's funny at the start of the series because a lot of the candidates probably knew they wouldn't win and were sacked so early as to not leave them that disappointed. At this stage of the competition, it can feel a bit forced and awkward because the candidates are more serious and they have to laugh at footage of their dreams being shattered.

It must of been hard for Roisín in particular, the interviewers and Sugar, Nick and Karen all but said that if it was the old format, she would've walked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

As much as I like The Apprentice, I don't like the way the interview episode is edited. The interviewer is often shown asking a very difficult question or remark and then a shot of the candidate looking completely stumped. I'm sure many of them actually responded but it wasn't shown

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Big response for Roisin on the after show, most comprehensive 'hired' vote of the series by the panel and audience. Still think she was a little hard done by, they were really slating her for her idea being taken already, but at the same time the 2 idea's in the final are hardly revolutionary either?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

So disappointed that Roisín's plan wasn't that good, I wanted her to win so badly.

I must say though, it's been great to watch Bianca bloom into an extremely credible candidate over the last few weeks, she's improved so, so much. I also enjoyed watching the programme on Tuesday night where we got a lot more insight into Bianca, I didn't actually realise just how successful she'd been before the show. I'm backing her to win in the final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,936 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So disappointed that Roisín's plan wasn't that good, I wanted her to win so badly.

I must say though, it's been great to watch Bianca bloom into an extremely credible candidate over the last few weeks, she's improved so, so much. I also enjoyed watching the programme on Tuesday night where we got a lot more insight into Bianca, I didn't actually realise just how successful she'd been before the show. I'm backing her to win in the final :)
    She lost all credibility when she started crying on cue in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Watched my first episode of the season last night, flicking through.

Knew it was going to well for Daniel when he was being interviewed, then BAM. A full 2 pages of clip art. :)

Roisin kinda reminded me of Una Healy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Considering Roisin left her job last year to pursue this business she really should have more research done. Claiming it to be a unique product was her downfall. Ready meals is a low margin high volume product. It's a tough business as a sole trader unless you get on board with the major supermarkets who will take most of the profit. Needing bank finance and €750,000 k in the first year it really was a no brainer for Mr. Sugar.

Regarding the other applications, Mark was an easy choice as he had a good business plan, already worked in the industry and has a good track record. Then it came down to 50/50 between Bianca and Daniel. Daniels track record probably came back to haunt him.

Overall, if I was hiring an employee it would be between Roisin and Mark but I was really disappointed with Roisin's business idea and therefore I feel Sugar made the correct choice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Why is bank finance not an option. That's ridiulous - it's tax efficient to have some debt to reduce taxable profits.
    Roisin also did prove in the last task that she could get a large retailer to place a large order. They seemed to think that was impossible.

So essentially, you can only have a small business or a very cheap business to set up. Don't think that was ever mentioned at the start. Cheap businesses mean low barriers to entry and essentially an over crowded market. Only option then is to have a unique product (like Bianca). No mention of how much it'll cost her to set up. I think that to will be very costly and face many of the same issues Rosin would.

I'm glad Roisin said she was going to continue with the business. Would be great to see her being successful.

I know they say these people leave their current jobs to start up, but it's not like they'd have trouble finding as good a job if they wanted to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

NEDDURC wrote: »
    Why is bank finance not an option. That's ridiulous - it's tax efficient to have some debt to reduce taxable profits.
    Roisin also did prove in the last task that she could get a large retailer to place a large order. They seemed to think that was impossible.

I always think they are asked to place an imaginary order with the idea that there is already a factory churning out thousands of the product already.

• Advertisement

Don't tell me she's sticking her face on the packaging. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

yeah any company at that level would let them off for a few months if they were any good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Any idea how to watch You're Fired? Doesn't seem to be repeated and it clashed on the Sky Box last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Claude's interview strategy in a nutshell.

Claude: 'You're sh!t'.

Candidate: 'But...'

Claude: 'No You're sh!t '.

Candidate: 'I'm...'

Claude: 'You're sh!t '.

Candidate: 'Ok'.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Was a classic last night with Solomon and Claude.

He praised him so much about the CV and application form but then just asked him to leave for the Business plan being so bad. Solomon went toward the window and you could see him holding back the laughter when he'd to tell him where the door was!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Roisin on Matt Cooper now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Meathlass wrote: »
    Roisin on Matt Cooper now

Fact: Matt Cooper is the name of my sisters husband.

edit: if he's some radio show host I've ever heard of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

colossus-x wrote: »
    Fact: Matt Cooper is the name of my sisters husband.

Ah but is he the Matt Cooper

Advertisement