Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK Season 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Halfway through the final and find myself not really caring.
    A normal task episode has lots of key moments (choosing of team leaders, mid task positioning/backstabbing, initial boardroom discussion, reveal of which team won, cafe discussion, selection of the 3 to be brought back, boardroom battle, firing(s), return to house) and the final by definition doesn't have most of these moments.
    Really quite bored so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

FYI Two Irish women from the Apprentice on the Late Late Show : Jan 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Well done Pamela - she has done so very well overcoming her language disabilities. IMO she is coming across very well so far (I'm about 3 mins behind the live show).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

No-one interested in Dara leaving You're Fired!? :o:o:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No-one interested in Dara leaving You're Fired!? :o:o:)

Is he? Awwww was brilliant hosting it :(

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Is he? Awwww was brilliant hosting it :(

It was announced last week. :o;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was announced last week. :o;)

Can't say I heard. All the tabloids were busy telling me that either ISIS or snow was going to kill me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yeah it's a shame he's leaving, he was good at it. I wonder who'll take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Jimmy Carr would be magnificent doing it.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Jimmy Carr would be magnificent doing it.

He would be he's contracted to Channel4 and def not BBC friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah, do the BBC even have anyone with the nasty kind of sarcasm you need for You're Fired? They're all a bit too nice and family friendly. Charlie Brooker is all I can think of but he fairly sneers at reality tv in his writing.

I hope they don't abandon the show now that Dara's gone :(

I could see them abandoning it and maybe getting Dara back for the final special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I wasn't really impressed with Dara this season. I'm usually a fan of his but.....he didn't hit the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

gubbie wrote: »
    I think the hardest thing for me might just be the 20 minutes that they are given to get ready in the morning... maybe I won't apply

Edit: Well I did it

Here's the application form
    you get called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

[Edit]
    I had a big long piece ready for what was in the email but then it said this...
    Confidentiality: Please note that you are required to keep all information you obtain (whether orally or in writing) regarding the selection process and the programme strictly confidential.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    you get called for interview?

Well I checked my email and ya I did! I don't know if I want to bother going all the way to London for it though. I mean ya, normally you think "Well at least if you don't get a job, at least you got a cup of tea out of it!". Ahem...
    Please note also that water will be provided at the venue but no other refreshments.
    ... Seriously?! I once went to a recording of "The Great Irish Talent Show" or whatever it was called and they at least gave us coffee, tea and biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

[Edit]

Well I checked my email and ya I did! I don't know if I want to bother going all the way to London for it though. I mean ya, normally you think "Well at least if you don't get a job, at least you got a cup of tea out of it!". Ahem...

... Seriously?! I once went to a recording of "The Great Irish Talent Show" or whatever it was called and they at least gave us coffee, tea and biscuits.

Oh do go!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

[Edit]

What a f&%king cop out. You I mean, not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

[Edit]

Well I checked my email and ya I did! I don't know if I want to bother going all the way to London for it though.
    I mean ya, normally you think "Well at least if you don't get a job, at least you got a cup of tea out of it!". Ahem...

I'm pretty sure it's nothing special (no offense) I got called back also, and I was like WOAHH. and then I looked on twitter and realised there was people taking the pi*ss on applications saying they worked in a bar for a year and picked fruit and all saying they got called back too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The US Apprentice is on at the moment if anyone is interested. I watched 1 episode of it before and hated it. (that could have been Celebrity Apprentice, which would be slightly different than the normal one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

dinneenp wrote: »
    The US Apprentice is on at the moment if anyone is interested. I watched 1 episode of it before and hated it. (that could have been Celebrity Apprentice, which would be slightly different than the normal one).

Is that the celebrity apprentice that is on BBC on Sunday evenings? Or is the other American Apprentice on somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Is that the celebrity apprentice that is on BBC on Sunday evenings? Or is the other American Apprentice on somewhere else?

I got too excited earlier and youtubed it. Celebrity Apprentice 2015 is all I can find. I hate the celebrity ones!!

If anyone knows of a proper apprentice on the go, please share!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Claude Littner is taking over from Nick Hewer as Alan Sugar's advisor. Oh my!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Claude Littner is taking over from Nick Hewer as Alan Sugar's advisor. Oh my!

Great appointment. Claude's interviews are always my favourite. Can't wait for the new series! :D

Haha Claude will be magnificent as an adviser. Would love to see Nick take his interview slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

When does this start back up again ??

In the autumn I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah the autumn. It was delayed last year because of the world cup and it's delayed this year because of the British general election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is Sugar still doing it? Thought I heard something about him passing the gig on?

Advertisement