Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK Season 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Is Dara O' Brian's show pre-recorded too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I don't think a £250,000 yacht would be classed as "super luxury" in Cannes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Karren is only 45, I thought she was older :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Jaysus, they were two of the worst products I've ever seen on the show. Why the frack would anyone buy clothing with Christmas lights as a main feature. They were even worse than Hip Replacement magazine and the grey multi function wheelie box.

Early prediction, I reckon Mark (the Australian guy) could win it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

anywhere to watch tonights episode online? Missed it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Scott wouldn't look out of place in 'Jeeves and Wooster'.

jeeves%20and%20wooster%201N.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jaysus, they were two of the worst products I've ever seen on the show. Why the frack would anyone buy clothing with Christmas lights as a main feature. They were even worse than Hip Replacement magazine and the grey multi function wheelie box.

Early prediction, I reckon Mark (the Australian guy) could win it.

I reckon Alan Sugar has picked the winner even before the thing starts - Tom Pellereau being a prime example. He would have been fired early on, if it was run along the same lines of the original traditional format, but it all comes down to their business idea now, and Pellereau had already proven himself to be a good inventor even before he appeared on the show.
    At the end of the day, Sugar wants an idea that he can invest in. It's the be-all and end-all for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Scott wouldn't look out of place in 'Jeeves and Wooster'.

jeeves%20and%20wooster%201N.jpg

He reminds me more of Begbie from Trainspotting. He looked like he was ready to glass someone at any minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I thought Bbc player can be viewed here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

He reminds me more of Begbie from Trainspotting. He looked like he was ready to glass someone at any minute.

His facial expressions were really threatening! Lots of suppressed anger

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Karren is only 45, I thought she was older :eek:

Aye, but she'd still get it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Really liked the phone charger idea but should have gone for something charged by motion, that would have captured the sports market and the everyday wearers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Really liked the phone charger idea but should have gone for something charged by motion, that would have captured the sports market and the everyday wearers too.

Agreed. The phone charger was a good idea, but they neglected to show the size of the battery you'd have to carry around with you.....

rollsbigred2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its hard not to like a proramme which borrows part of the soundtrck from Raiders of the Lost ark, but really, this season they are all pussies and idiots.

Everyone running away from being PM. In Series 9 Luisa saying she knew nothing about cooking when her business is baking was strategic. In this season it doesnt seem strategic, it seems more like terror on the part of the candidates.

The guys getting behind the only guy with any experience with wearables, small as it was, for PM, and then not getting behind his idea which sounded decent.

Lights on the lapel. Hardly functional is it?

Really not warming to anyone this year. Theres no-one fiesty like Luisa was. No source of comedy like the welsh lad from last year. And without sounding sexist, very little eye candy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Is Dara O' Brian's show pre-recorded too?

Karin Bradys accounts of what happened seemed quite fresh so I guess they are done soon after the firing. Wouldn't most of the shows in the series be done by now , now that I think of it, if not the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

colossus-x wrote: »
    Karin Bradys accounts of what happened seemed quite fresh so I guess they are done soon after the firing. Wouldn't most of the shows in the series be done by now , now that I think of it, if not the final.

The Scottish guy who got fired was clean shaven in the programme itself, in "you're fired" he has a practically full grown beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Yeah, filming ended a while ago.

I know one of the Irish girls on it (Pamela), hoping to see more of her over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

The wearable camera could have been good - they just needed to advertise it to the right people. They would have gotten plenty more sales if they'd said that they were going for the parent market, so that parents could play with their kids with their two hands and not worry about missing a moment.

Perfect.

The girls one was just ridiculous. If you're in a club with the lights on, you're not going to want to be warmed or be able to charge your phone. If it's sunny out, you're not going to want to be warm or have stupid LEDs on and if it's cold enough to need to be heated, you probably won't get sufficient solar power. The only situation that one would need all 3 is if they were lost at sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

gubbie wrote: »
    The wearable camera could have been good - they just needed to advertise it to the right people. They would have gotten plenty more sales if they'd said that they were going for the parent market, so that parents could play with their kids with their two hands and not worry about missing a moment.

Perfect.

The girls one was just ridiculous. If you're in a club with the lights on, you're not going to want to be warmed or be able to charge your phone. If it's sunny out, you're not going to want to be warm or have stupid LEDs on and if it's cold enough to need to be heated, you probably won't get sufficient solar power. The only situation that one would need all 3 is if they were lost at sea

I quite liked the jacket and as I understood it you didnt need all three functions on at the one time. I'd love a coat which charged my phone. The heater I could take or leave and I didnt like the lights but Im sure they could be disconnected or turned off.

Im kind of glad AMS fired Robert. When he goes "I think you should be PM", and you go, "no I think your analysis is wrong", you should get fired.

And yeah pitching the jumper as something you would take clubbing was just creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

syklops wrote: »
    I quite liked the jacket and as I understood it you didnt need all three functions on at the one time. I'd love a coat which charged my phone. The heater I could take or leave and I didnt like the lights but Im sure they could be disconnected or turned off.

Im kind of glad AMS fired Robert. When he goes "I think you should be PM", and you go, "no I think your analysis is wrong", you should get fired.

And yeah pitching the jumper as something you would take clubbing was just creepy.

Yep shot himself in the foot there. Like when the missus asks you "where do you want to go" in a particular way, there is only one right answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

For such a highly intelligent group of people, why don't they take the bloody phone upstairs with them? IT'S CORDLESS FFS!

Ah just think it's one of those set pieces to highlight the poor subservient candidates jump to attention for the all powerful decision maker Lord Sugar.

Really can't believe how poor the candidates are this season...

Few stand out with some potential...two Irish girls Roisin,Pamela and most especially Lauren.James,Daniel,Solomon.Mark looks the standout candidate to me.

Speaking of which,how quiet and subdued was Steven on the second task?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The standard of candidates especially female has gone down. It's quite ironic last year when an issue was made about one of the female contestants ( who went on to win i know ) being referred as as eye-candy to increase sales when that is exactly what the BBC are doing to increase viewership/controversy around the show. That's not the only tactic used by the BBC of course cause picking immensely unlikable candidates is another. Thankfully so unlikable that Robert was sacked almost immediate. Pretentious fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Robert was scary when he clenched his teeth

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

Well if The Apprentice is now the subject of tabloid newspapers it just goes to show what class of people it's now aimed at. Should be shifted over to ITV 1 after corrie.

Advertisement