Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Smart Cover fault

• 01-10-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

I've a Smart Cover on an iPad Air and it's coming apart after about 10 months normal use. Is this covered by any guarantee? Does anyone know where I would return it to? I would expect an official cover costing 39e to last a bit longer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I don't think so, they're not great covers and don't last forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'll post it back to them and see what happens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Did you ring Apple about it?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Did you ring Apple about it?

Not yet, where would I find the number?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not yet, where would I find the number?

On their website, in the support section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have my Smart Cover for my iPad 3 since launch. Still in great shape.

mad muffin wrote: »
    I have my Smart Cover for my iPad 3 since launch. Still in great shape.

Yeah you'd expect it to last that long though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭squonk

I've had mine on my iPad Air for about 11 months. I just noticed the other day that the inner lining on one side of the hinge is just starting to come away. That's always been a common problem on SmartCovers that I've seen. It does get daily use alright and it'll last quite a bit longer but it's par for the course I'm afraid.

To be fair to Apple they replaced this without any debate when I called. They asked me to post the old one back, but I have already received an email saying they received it, but I didn't post it yet. Should I just not bother sending it back in that case?

They'd probably like to test it to see if there is a problem with the design.

• Advertisement
Advertisement