Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free AVG Internet Security 2015 4 Year License

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

Works 7 months later! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

It is working.
    yeah,since last night

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

yeah,since last night

I only installed it last night, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

sorry for the stupid question but when I click onto the link in post one what options do I then choose to allow me to enter the licence key ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sorry for the stupid question but when I click onto the link in post one what options do I then choose to allow me to enter the licence key ?

maybe into AVG, then options, then re-activate or activate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

You enter the licence key into the actual AVG software and not online....

Remember to choose one of the new Licence keys from Page 18 HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Many thanks dozy, I was using AVAST since my AVG licence expired but found it a bit painful with the constant ads popping up so I've reinstalled AVG now using one of the licences to 2018, thanking you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Worked perfectly with my installed version, just copied and pasted the serial into the program activation... :) thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Yep , mine was nearly out, pressed support option and entered a key from page 18 of this thread and now have it until 2018, nice 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Still working away if anyone needs it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have had this installed since the offer began. Today I'm getting a message on my laptop from AVG that I'm using an "illegal copy" and need to get a legal copy. Anyone else getting this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

I have had this installed since the offer began. Today I'm getting a message on my laptop from AVG that I'm using an "illegal copy" and need to get a legal copy. Anyone else getting this ?

Yes, that message popped up for me recently. I ignored it. Haven't seen it since!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just coming to post about that as the message popped up a wee while ago on my desktop PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Read through the thread on how people got around this
    I re installed it and used the updated code (one of many)that was posted a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Same as - used another key and it's working again.

looks like i need another key
    got the message again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Thanks a mill, hooked up my parents acing netbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I got the "illegal copy" message yesterday too, when my internet connection was gone completely tits up due to a fault on our phone line and internet was constantly disconnecting/reconnecting.

I didn't really do anything other than look in the "about" section and the licence still said it was good till February 2018, so in my case I assumed it was to do with my computer having a different IP address every 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I get the same message 'illegal copy ' but am running win8 and also have windows defender and malwarebytes , so hope its enough protection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I get the same message 'illegal copy ' but am running win8 and also have windows defender and malwarebytes , so hope its enough protection

Just enter one of the other keys mentioned on here some pages back and it will never back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did the message pop up in conjunction with an update that needed a reboot ?

Just got the message again - gonna have to try another key

Did the message pop up in conjunction with an update that needed a reboot ?

Not when mine appeared.

Today it appeared after a scheduled scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

Yep, I think AVG found out about this code, I got an illegal copy error too

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im getting a pop up now every day when I boot up the PC saying that the licence will expire in a couple of weeks and asking if I want to buy a licence :eek:

Just enter a new code
    There are a list 3 or 4 pages back
    I've done this twice since the original code and it works every time
    Failing that Google
    Avg licence key generator

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I get the popup now and again, but it doesn't stop it working. Still updates and scans periodically

I haven't had a popup from it in ages - it updated a few mins ago and is still registered!

FanadMan wrote: »
    I haven't had a popup from it in ages - it updated a few mins ago and is still registered!

Got a licence expired message yesterday. No longer protected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Been getting the 30, 29, 28 etc. days till expiry again every day with a few days now. Doesn't matter what key I use to reactivate, it starts nagging again about trials expiring within a day. :(

Advertisement