Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free AVG Internet Security 2015 4 Year License

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

duridian wrote: »
    Been getting the 30, 29, 28 etc. days till expiry again every day with a few days now. Doesn't matter what key I use to reactivate, it starts nagging again about trials expiring within a day. :(
    And ?

The trial is over. You can buy or switch to a different AV.

It's not like AVG are the only ones who do free trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And ?

Thing is, it wasn't a free trial. The clue is in the thread title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

As the the title of the post says get Free AVG Internet Security 2015 for 4 years....
    And ?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I'm getting the illegal copy warnings again these days, still using the code in the OP. I've noticed that what's happening is the last 4 letters of the code is 'falling off' the code in AVG, so I just have to re-type AECD onto the end of it. Then it tells me it's a valid license and everything's grand again (for a day or so).

^ ^ Same here. Been happening every day for the last week or so and there's also a little pop up that appears every time the pc is booted up showing the number of days left before the license expires :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

muffler wrote: »
    ^ ^ Same here. Been happening every day for the last week or so and there's also a little pop up that appears every time the pc is booted up showing the number of days left before the license expires :(

Still ,little hassle,for good protection.

I gave up on this about 7 or 8 months ago and am now using Kaspersky which I picked up in a BA last March. (I went through an interim phase of using the free [Chinese in origin] 360 Security but never really liked it - though it does use the Bitdefender AV engine.)
    Everything that the last few posts mention about 4 digits dropping off, days remaining etc., happened to me.

It will eventually get to a stage where each time it fails, after seemingly recovering by re-entering the key, the remaining days will correspond to the 30 day trial minus whatever number of days have passed since the problem first began.

So if, for example, the problem first emerged 7 days ago, the AVG Premium which seemed to be working okay moments ago will fail saying 23 days remaining. If you think you have fixed it by re-entry of key, then tomorrow when it inevitably fails again the days will be 22, etc., etc., until the 30 days run down.

Once the 30 days run out, nothing will get it going again.

Most likely some setting deep inside the Windows registry goes off like a blown fuse, but finding it is like looking for a needle in a haystack and, even if you could find it, it may not be simply changing a 1 to 0 or something like that. It could be a 256 digit value that needs changing.

It is probably some kind of bait 'n switch by AVG anyway. get people interested in the Premium version with a supposed 4 year licence giveaway, then nobble these licences in the hope that users will buy it to get it going again.

Mine says the licence expires in 2018

McGaggs wrote: »
    I used one of the codes that was posted earlier and it seems to have worked for now anyhow. Valid until 2018 now.

muffler wrote: »
    I used one of the codes that was posted earlier and it seems to have worked for now anyhow. Valid until 2018 now.

Well, while I hope that it stays working for you till 2018, please note this is basically the same pattern I encountered prior to AVG going completely FUBAR on the two computers to which I'd installed AVG with these keys.

• Advertisement

And this morning it's decided there's only 27 days left.

And this morning it's decided there's only 27 days left.

Put the old code back in, and it says 2018 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

You are chasing your tales lads...let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

<unfollows thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

mad m wrote: »

It's a bait and switch job. Give people a 'free' license through what looks to be some sort of glitch, and then start giving error messages after a certain date assuming that many won't bother changing and will buy it.

Their efforts are done, and so should yours. It's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

mad m wrote: »

Tails

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tails

Sentence fragment.

Used the code myself more than once to renew but has expired. Was great while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Free avg
    Ccleaner
    Malware bytes
    I'm sorted
    Used this code for long enough good while it lasted
    *It's dead Jim *

Unfollows thread

Advertisement