Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free AVG Internet Security 2015 4 Year License

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

sparky63 wrote: »
    Have to second that. I have yet to come across anyone who relies solely on AVG.

I know a lot here dont like paying for antivirus. I have had more friends come to me with issues with viruses and thats after spending over 100 euro with various outlets to remove the viruses only for the owner to reinstall AVG and go back to where they were. I have used Nortons for quite some time and have 6 pcs in the circle using it, have never had an issue with either. It does all for the user without them having to do anything. For the cost of Nortons in respect to what people pay for the laptop, coupled with ease of use of Nortons against limited knowledge of what they would have to install and regularly run i.e various programmes. I am unconvinced by these free antivirus packages.

Norton anti virus is a c#%t
    Slows down the laptop
    Avg free and c cleaner are perfect to keep a laptop clean I have used them for years with no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I am unconvinced by these free antivirus packages.
    Even though this one is 'free', it is the full version, not the regular stripped-down free version.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Have to second that. I have yet to come across anyone who relies solely on AVG.

I know a lot here dont like paying for antivirus. I have had more friends come to me with issues with viruses and thats after spending over 100 euro with various outlets to remove the viruses only for the owner to reinstall AVG and go back to where they were. I have used Nortons for quite some time and have 6 pcs in the circle using it, have never had an issue with either. It does all for the user without them having to do anything. For the cost of Nortons in respect to what people pay for the laptop, coupled with ease of use of Nortons against limited knowledge of what they would have to install and regularly run i.e various programmes. I am unconvinced by these free antivirus packages.

I've been using free av for years on many PC's. Never a problem.

The users habits are probably more important than which AV they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 leftwinger

beauf wrote: »
    I've been using free av for years on many PC's. Never a problem.

The users habits are probably more important than which AV they use.

The users habits are probably more important than which AV they use...spot on !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

IMO, Symantec, McAfee and AVG are awful pieces of software. We deal with problems related to all three each week. AVG used to be a great product but has been relegated to the same league as Symantec/Norton and McAfee. Only this week we had to deal with a McAfee update that corrupted the registry of a win 8 machine.

As other posters have pointed out, any of the good free AV programs coupled with a change in user habits (through the likes of safe surfing education) has been the best solution. The likes of Malwarebytes and MS Security Essentials combined are just as good as any of the paid for AV software packages. Add in CCleaner and you should never have to buy any AV software again.

Is this a bargain alert, I guess it is if you pay for your AV software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

panda cloud free all the way for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

IMO, Symantec, McAfee and AVG are awful pieces of software. We deal with problems related to all three each week. AVG used to be a great product but has been relegated to the same league as Symantec/Norton and McAfee. Only this week we had to deal with a McAfee update that corrupted the registry of a win 8 machine.

As other posters have pointed out, any of the good free AV programs coupled with a change in user habits (through the likes of safe surfing education) has been the best solution. The likes of Malwarebytes and MS Security Essentials combined are just as good as any of the paid for AV software packages. Add in CCleaner and you should never have to buy any AV software again.

Is this a bargain alert, I guess it is if you pay for your AV software.
    Very good advice !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Sorry if I've missed it. But has anyone used the code on more than one PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Good advice Lightning and I would agree, that's why I said "Malwarebytes and MS Security Essentials combined". In general you shouldn't have two real time protection components active as it could/will cause other issues. You can insert any other good AV apps in there btw, I just picked malware and MS as good examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 damobirdie

Thanks . worked for me. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

Worked for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seaniemac

Worked fine for me..Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 deus ex machina 7

Help! It didn't work for me.

I got a message saying "The specified registry key does not exist." I used the key suggested by dozy doctor. I just uninstalled Avast! to make way for AVG and now I have no virus protection at all. Worse still, I am not computer literate.

Now what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Help! It didn't work for me.

I got a message saying "The specified registry key does not exist." I used the key suggested by dozy doctor. I just uninstalled Avast! to make way for AVG and now I have no virus protection at all. Worse still, I am not computer literate.

Now what?
    Try again --> put avast back on.

I tried four times and I am still getting the same message. I cannot understand how other Boards users have been successful but I have not. Could it be that AVG cut the deal? This is really frustrating.

As the the title of the post says get Free AVG Internet Security 2015 for 4 years....

Not sure how long it is going to last so get it as as soon as you can

The download page for AVG Internet Security is
    http://www.avg.com/ie-en/av_download_2015_ppc?ECID=ad%3Ago%3Ase%3AIE-EN-SCH-AVG-Exact&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=avg+2015&utm_content=&utm_campaign=IE-EN-SCH-AVG+Exact&gclid=CNq25Z2ni8ECFQRs2wodNDUANw

License Key : 8MEH-RJR4R-7FDJ6-NL3DA-CRXQC-J­EMBR-ACED
    I tried four times and I am still getting the same message. I cannot understand how other Boards users have been successful but I have not. Could it be that AVG cut the deal? This is really frustrating.
    Just a possibility - did you copy and paste the key above or type it in?

The 'deal' could be over though.

Not your ornery onager

Esel, I copied, pasted. Would that make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

just installed ...no prob....enter licence key, delete the one on the trial and cut and paste the one above, it was a straight install with a reboot then update and its finished

Esel, I copied, pasted. Would that make a difference?
    Copy/paste is best, as it avoid the possiblility of typos.

Strange that it just worked OK for richieb.

I'm a bit puzzled by the 'registry key' bit in the error message you are getting. I would have thought it would be 'product key'.

Not your ornery onager

Richieb, I did exactly what you did. I can't understand why my efforts are hitting a brick wall. I tried two more times - six times now - no joy, only grief.

Richieb, I did exactly what you did. I can't understand why my efforts are hitting a brick wall. I tried two more times - six times now - no joy, only grief.
    There is a new BA for free bitdefender (for 6 months...). It has a very good reputation, and would at least give you some breathing space.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Delete it altogether.

Use this to make sure Avast is gone. Maybe run CCleaner aswell.

Delete/Deactivate Spybot if it's installed, a google says having this installed can cause this error.

Restart computer.

Download Trial.

Enter code when installing.

If that don't work offer must be over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks OP. Just worked for me with a trial version that's just expired. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

kaizersoze wrote: »
    True but this is the full Internet Security Suite. Not free. €35 p/year

Is AVG Internet Security 2015 not worth almost €50 per year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Norton anti virus is a c#%t
    Slows down the laptop
    Avg free and c cleaner are perfect to keep a laptop clean I have used them for years with no problems

That was true a few years ago but the latest Norton Internet security (antivirus only not the full bloated package) is one of the best AV software available, you'll get a serial on ebay for about 12 quid. I make lots of money cleaning pc's and this is what i now recommend (I actually made a living removing Norton once). The built in family filter for children is very good also (no extra cost), completely locks down childrens accounts on any pc and gives detailed analysis of what sites they're visiting and what they've tried to visit.

AVG was a good AV a few years ago, but it's now as bloated as the Norton and McAfee full packages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I had 56 days left on AVG internet security 2014, it was a free 1 user 1 year offer last Christmas, I just reactivated using 8MEH-RJR4R-7FDJ6-NL3DA-CRXQC-J­EMBR-ACED & completed the registration process & bingo I'm covered until feb 2018,.....thanks

Advertisement