Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free AVG Internet Security 2015 4 Year License

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Mine is good until the 2038:)

AVAST_zpsorhbhvxx.jpg

how did you manage that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

how did you manage that

oops sorry lads :o thought this thread was about Avast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Mine keeps reverting back to the trial after a day or two every time i change the code anyone else getting this?

NATLOR wrote: »
    Mine keeps reverting back to the trial after a day or two every time i change the code anyone else getting this?

Yeah mines the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Wonder what will happen when trial is over, will know in 9 days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I'd imagine it just won't update any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Just cut&paste the serial number in again, it works.

mad m wrote: »
    Just cut&paste the serial number in again, it works.
    yeah i just did that for the second time, long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Guys, I'm all for not paying for software. But this ain't a Bargain's Alert. It's a leaked product key, which AVG are trying to invalidate.

* Enters Key again to get two more days out of it....

Dampsquid wrote: »
    Guys, I'm all for not paying for software. But this ain't a Bargain's Alert. It's a leaked product key, which AVG are trying to invalidate.

* Enters Key again to get two more days out of it....

why do you say two days ?

surely its a bargain if we get it for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Also av-test.org gave a low rating for AVG for last month, switched back to Avast after one of my clients PCs got infected.

stevek93 wrote: »
    Also av-test.org gave a low rating for AVG for last month, switched back to Avast after one of my clients PCs got infected.

Avg can't block everything
    People click on links not knowing what they are doing half the time
    Last laptop I cleaned for someone had 900 threats, his anti virus was a virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I do wonder at times what the fudge people do be at, I get around on my machine and never a threat...like where are they picking up these things??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I do wonder at times what the fudge people do be at, I get around on my machine and never a threat...like where are they picking up these things??

"Free emoticons? Where do I sign up?!"

Dody Facebook links, landlord was on about he installed a new version of flash player and all of a sudden his computer went into lock down mode and started asking for money. :D

Also firstrowssports or any of them streaming websites for films are riddled with script attacks. A lot of people don't update their machine and then complain they have a virus.

The machine was completely locked down GP wouldn't allow it do anything. No administrator rights, also had malwarebytes.

stevek93 wrote: »
    The machine was completely locked down GP wouldn't allow it do anything. No administrator rights, also had malwarebytes.

I scan mine at regular intervals with avg. ccleaner,and malwarebytes, I'm yet to get infected
    The amount of people that ask me to look at laptops don't even bother doing this or update there systems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

It's called handy money. ;)

Money ? Where ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Money ? Where ?
    Just install this FREE browser add-on! We promise not to spam you with ads or log your keystrokes. After all, it's free! What could be suspicious about that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

I scan mine at regular intervals with avg. ccleaner,and malwarebytes, I'm yet to get infected
    The amount of people that ask me to look at laptops don't even bother doing this or update there systems

I preform a full update and scan each week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

Lads have any of ye had issues with RAM usage after installing this..my laptop is hitting seven years and I refuse to upgrade as it's still going strong,still quiet enough for a 7 year old and fair prompt to start up. It was 4gb when purchased.One thing Iv noticed is that it randomly restarts...im guessing it's ram however I don't get a low memory warning...im guess that's it as I never get a blue screen or critical error screen after the restart. this has happened very fortnight or three weeks. id use my laptop daily in college. any ideas if its the anti-virus? or even tips suggestions apart from upgrading memory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭bromley52

skinny90 wrote: »
    Lads have any of ye had issues with RAM usage after installing this..my laptop is hitting seven years and I refuse to upgrade as it's still going strong,still quiet enough for a 7 year old and fair prompt to start up. It was 4gb when purchased.One thing Iv noticed is that it randomly restarts...im guessing it's ram however I don't get a low memory warning...im guess that's it as I never get a blue screen or critical error screen after the restart. this has happened very fortnight or three weeks. id use my laptop daily in college. any ideas if its the anti-virus? or even tips suggestions apart from upgrading memory

It might be that your install of AVG is set to auto reboot your laptop after an update. Go into advanced settings and there should be a section allowing you to choose when to update the AVG files.
    If not AVG some other program might be dong this.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

If you're on Windows 8 or above you have little need for antivirus, just ensure Windows Defender is activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

If you're on Windows 8 or above you have little need for antivirus, just ensure Windows Defender is activated.

Whats above windows 8? :):):):):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

That's an attitude that makes plenty of work for me believe me it's not good enough.

0 out of 6 for protection
    http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-8/february-2015/microsoft-windows-defender-4.6-150671/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Just 4 days to go.
    What's a good alternative to AVG (free of course!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Microsoft Security Essentials

• Advertisement

i wouldn't charge anyone for that

Advertisement