Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaky tap - who's responsibility?

Options
  • 01-10-2014 12:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been living in my apartment for four years. only thing I've asked the landlord for was a new washing machine cause the old one broke down.
    however with the water charges coming in I should do something about the leaky tap in the bathroom. should I just tell the landlord ask I couldn't really afford to get a plumber to call around right now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Buy a washer and fit it yourself or get a friend to do? 2 min job, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

apartnemtns will neve rbe metered so this isnt a concern in that regard however to get it fixed as said its a replacement wasther. 2 min job that will cost 1 - 2 euro at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Aye, prob just a washer. unscrew the tap if you can. Take out the washer, bring it to a hardware shop and buy a new one that's the same. YouTube might show you how to do it. You also might need to turn the water off just in case.

if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, give the LL a shout. Unless he's a bit of a knob he should be happy to get it sorted. I know if my tenants asked me, I wouldn't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

yeah im sure the LL wont have an issue. Id suggest you try sort it yourself though. Maintenace skills like this are soemthing everybody should really have tbh.

Advertisement