Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garmin FR920XT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Check out the threads on the TDAR forum

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

AKW wrote: »
    Check out the threads on the TDAR forum

You mean this post?
    On an aside I see there is also a Garmin 920xt thread over 'there' >>

disaster_630.jpg
    ;)

I'd warrant that my 910 has seen more activity than most multisport participants' 910xt watches.

As a runner, I'm pretty interested in this watch as it includes some functions that are not available in the 620, such as:
    Navigation and following routes
    Daily activity tracking (sleep patterns)
    Connect IQ support
    Activity Profiles
    UltraTrac
    Indoor Treadmill support (without a footpod pace/distance)
    Metronome Functionality

Not really enough to tip me over from my 910, but when the watch dies (as it most certainly will), I'll consider the 920.

You mean this post?

I'd warrant that my 910 has seen more activity than most multisport participants' 910xt watches.

As a runner, I'm pretty interested in this watch as it includes some functions that are not available in the 620, such as:
    Navigation and following routes
    Daily activity tracking (sleep patterns)
    Connect IQ support
    Activity Profiles
    UltraTrac
    Indoor Treadmill support (without a footpod pace/distance)
    Metronome Functionality

Not really enough to tip me over from my 910, but when the watch dies (as it most certainly will), I'll consider the 920.

I woudn't disagree with you on that one.

I too like the idea of the pod less run data. Having used the activity tracker in the V800 I can really see the benefit of this feature as a guide to overall recovery from sessions.

Looks very promising from Garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I woudn't disagree with you on that one.

I too like the idea of the pod less run data. Having used the activity tracker in the V800 I can really see the benefit of this feature as a guide to overall recovery from sessions.

Looks very promising from Garmin.
    Do you know how the sleep tracker works AKW? I take it you'd have to wear that expensive €500 piece of kit on your wrist for the night.

Do you know how the sleep tracker works AKW?

Yep, just wear it continually.

If you're asking me the technical ins and outs I haven't a clue and guess it's something to do with internal accelerometers detecting lack of movement and determining liklihood of sleep based on time of day, sorry image is huge:

I take it you'd have to wear that expensive €500 piece of kit on your wrist for the night.

Not so expensive anymore! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Already have the 620 but may upgrade. Dear Santa....

On a more serious note, hopefully the GPS accuracy is better. Ray does comment that they have moved/changed the antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

viperlogic wrote: »
    Already have the 620 but may upgrade. Dear Santa....

On a more serious note, hopefully the GPS accuracy is better. Ray does comment that they have moved/changed the antenna.

I think the 620 has improved a fair bit with the latest s/w, it really was terrible early on! Here's three years worth my distances recorded at the Athlone 3/4 marathon for example:

'12 - 31.75k (310)
    '13 - 31.80k (310)
    '14 - 31.67k (620)

Official distance = 31.64k.

I still remember the Donadea 50k this year when the 620 dropped well over ~1.25k on me :)

Are you still having problems with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

opus wrote: »
    I think the 620 has improved a fair bit with the latest s/w, it really was terrible early on! Here's three years worth my distances recorded at the Athlone 3/4 marathon for example:

'12 - 31.75k (310)
    '13 - 31.80k (310)
    '14 - 31.67k (620)

Official distance = 31.64k.

I still remember the Donadea 50k this year when the 620 dropped well over ~1.25k on me :)

Are you still having problems with it?

Agree, it has improved with latest software/firmware but still get the very odd one where it goes offtrack for a bit, thou I put these down to poor reception eg the trees on the railway line

Advertisement