Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop stolen in Deerpark - make sure your doors are locked!

Options
  • 01-10-2014 12:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hi Folks,

Just a warning to say that there are thieves on the prowl in Deerpark! My brothers laptop was stolen from his sitting room last night between 3am and 4am.

He had left his back door open as a friend of his was out in town and wanted to crash in his house. My brother unlocked the back door around 3am, went to bed, and his friend came back around 4am and went to sleep on the couch. So between 3 and 4 when nobody was about the house, somebody came and nicked the laptop from the sitting room.

Anyway, that's the warning over and done with.

Does anybody know some cool matrix hacky ways of tracking a laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

What a Conveniently well timed robbery :confused: , just saying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 VapeMasterPro

masonchat wrote: »
    What a Conveniently well timed robbery :confused: , just saying

I know right!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

To be honest I would be wondering if the friend brought a person/people that they meet out with them and that person took it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

His *friend* took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

pwurple wrote: »
    His *friend* took it.

Indeed, I work in the security business the chances of that being an opportunist type crime are very very low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Yeah, sounds like the friend took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It's a bit strange that someone just stole the laptop and nothing else. I'm inclined to agree that the so called friend has something to do with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yeah, do we seriously think that thieves go door to door (front and back?) every night looking for an unlocked one and the one night you leave yours unlocked they happen across it? Not impossible but quite improbable.

Something similar once happened to us years ago when I was in college living on Highfield Avn. We were out on the town and one of the lads left his window open. Came back and Gardai were at our house (another housemate came back early and spotted the thieves legging it with a few laptops). The open window was on the ground floor at the front of the house though was it was practically an open invitation. Got the laptops back (though a bit battered), the thieves dropped em as our housemate gave chase.

Advertisement