Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreasonable Hold Times 1890

Options
  • 01-10-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I was on hold, waiting to speak to a business CC agent. The cost to call an 1890 number is 15c per minute. I was on hold for 18 minutes and the call lasted 4 minutes approx. This cost €3.30 and I did not get the help I needed. All I wanted to know, is if a credit card refund has been processed. The agent was unable to confirm this. I asked for a normal landline number to call the helpdesk, but she said there was none. Maybe the staff need more training, because a quick search on the BOI-BOL website shows a landline number for international callers, which, if I'm not mistaken, can be called from Ireland, usually for free. So, I was either speaking to someone who lied to me, or who had no clue what she was doing and needs further training. I won't name the person I spoke to. That number is 014606445.

edit: Oh, and the agent recommended transferring the call to the branch, which would have been more waiting and more cost. I have called the number for my local branch, but I know I will be put through to a call centre. I am now on hold 9 minutes :mad:

I have had enough with BOI. I am taking my business elsewhere. Bad customer care. stupidly high fees. Awful, awful business banking online, which is down half the time and which costs €15 per month!!!. Shameful practice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi goz83,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

We're sorry that you experienced this long wait time, our credit card line is currently experiencing a high volume of calls and our colleagues are working as fast as possible to assist customers. 

Is your query in relation to a refund from a retailer? If this is the case, regrettably our representatives would be unable to confirm if a refund has been processed.  This would depend on when the retailer’s bank processes the refund and the time frame can be up to 10 working days. The retailer should be able to provide their usual time frame for this. As soon as we receive the refund we will apply it to your card. 

While the number you mentioned above is a correct number for Business Online, they would not have access to your credit card account and would be unable to help you with your query. 
    Our credit cards team can be reached on 0818 251 251, while our international Credit cards number is 00353 5677 57747. 

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you received, and we would certainly hope that you reconsider banking with us.  Please be assured we will forward your comments on to our Business Online team. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement