Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No phone line

Options
  • 01-10-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just after moving into a new house and there isn't a phone line installed. I was wondering, does Sky do Broadband only through the phone line? (I know UPC does it through cable but there is Sky already in the house and it makes sense financially to go with Sky broadband). If they don't, is it particularly hard to install a phone line?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Most premises will have an inactive one somehwere, if not eircom wholesale will always fit one.

Only issue is Sky shy away from new provides, their sales team will probably tell you to go to Eircom or Vodafone for a year before they'll port you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hiwazup wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just after moving into a new house and there isn't a phone line installed. I was wondering, does Sky do Broadband only through the phone line? (I know UPC does it through cable but there is Sky already in the house and it makes sense financially to go with Sky broadband). If they don't, is it particularly hard to install a phone line?

Sky broadband is provided via the phone line

Advertisement