Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs summer 2015

Options
  • 01-10-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

its almost the end of the year and what are the rumours of concerts for 2015 in ireland

Slane 2015, 3Arena, Croke Park, Marlay Park, The Marquee etc.

Will ACDC finally play Slane, Will it be U2

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foo's for Marlay Park is a cert id say. Black Keys for Kilmainham?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

AC/DC have to play Slane. It'll surely be their last "super tour" if they do. Go out with an almighty bang.l

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Always enjoy this thread because I can look back just before the Summer gig season gets going and realise how wrong I was.:D:D

Anyway, here's my thoughts:

Foo Fighters - Marlay Park
    The Script - Marlay Park
    Muse - Marlay Park
    Snow Patrol - Marlay Park
    AC/DC - Slane
    Coldplay - Slane
    U2 - Aviva Stadium (2/3 nights)

Other acts that may appear: Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush, Adele, Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

ShagNastii wrote: »
    AC/DC have to play Slane. It'll surely be their last "super tour" if they do. Go out with an almighty bang.l

Bit of a pity if they ever get asked to play Slane and Malcolm Young is gone from the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I hate these way too early threads, absolutely nothing reliable in them ever, just a wishlist for people.

AC/DC for Slane next year.. that'd be a maybe, same as 2000 - 2014.

• Advertisement

Can also see Ed Sheeran doing Marlay Park too

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

U2 have already stated that there next tour will be in Arenas, Bono mentioned it recently on Absolute Radio "places like the O2"

So I guess that means either the 3Arena or the RDS for here, early 2015 if rumours are to be believed!
    Heres hoping for the 3Arena, be great to see U2 in an intimate setting like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Garth Brooks. And the whole country will be screwed..... again :eek:

Music Scene Ireland
    Acts that will perform big gigs live in Dublin in 2015 include: U2, Muse, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Snow Patrol, Foo Fighters, Hozier, Stereophonics, Guns N Roses, and possibly AC/DC... but who are you most excited about seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Always enjoy this thread because I can look back just before the Summer gig season gets going and realise how wrong I was.:D:D

Anyway, here's my thoughts:

Foo Fighters - Marlay Park
    The Script - Marlay Park
    Muse - Marlay Park
    Snow Patrol - Marlay Park
    AC/DC - Slane
    Coldplay - Slane
    U2 - Aviva Stadium (2/3 nights)

Jesus-I'd better get my ticket for glastonbury if this is the ****e we're gonna be served up next summer....

• Advertisement

What is the capacity of Marley? Could the Foos realistically play the Aviva or Croker?

Whilst we’re at it has it ever been stated why AC/DC have never done Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

AC/DC members have previously made a pact that no band members will be replaced should someone need to leave the band, Malcolm young is not well. no tour, no promise to slane. forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

his nephew is already confirmed to be replacing him on the forthcoming tour.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/malcolm-youngs-family-confirms-ac-dc-guitarists-dementia-20140930
    Young's nephew, Stevie Young, played rhythm guitar in Malcolm's stead on Rock or Bust. He will also be filling in for the elder Young on the group's upcoming world tour in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ShagNastii wrote: »
    What is the capacity of Marley? Could the Foos realistically play the Aviva or Croker?
    absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Foo Fighters are playing Rock Am Ring next year I'm pretty sure they'll do an Irish gig possibly at Marley Park

Yea id say Marlay Park for Foo's . Aviva would be a bit of a stretch and Croker is a no no ( i could see a repeat of the Chili Peppers capacity)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I saw a comment on one of the Croke park residents facebook page that there was a meeting or protest earlier in the week with the Dublin City Council to stop all events in Croke Park in 2015.

There was a new thing introduced into the planning process in July that promoters must meet with the residents before the sale of tickets. Did the promoters meet with them.

Their facebook page has since been taken down.

So U2 is playing arenas, so that's a few nights in the O2 or the RDS. That rules them out.

One direction are doing another tour in 2015, could be them but people's argument all over the place that you wouldn't expect anti social behaviour from that crowd. That rules them out for Croke park, if the residents are starting up their fight.

Is Garth Brooks so innocent to believe that its a guaranteed 3 gigs a year? I can't take anymore.

Id say we could see a big residency in the 3Arena for U2 so if they are doing arenas. Suppose if they do arenas this time around then 2016 back for the stadium tour makes sense

Wouldn't be a die-hard fan but U2 in the 3Arena could be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I'd like to see Garth Brooks do a residency in the O2. I'd camp out the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Swedish House Mafia for Croke Park, 10 day residency, extended hours

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd worry about the price of the U2 gig in the 3arena.

They cud skip ireland on the tour and come back In 2016

Maybe Bono was talking about O2 in London

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe Bono was talking about O2 in London

I think he was seen as how its not the O2 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

karaokeman wrote: »
    I think he was seen as how its not the O2 anymore.

i hope he made a mistake because i want to take u2 off my bucket list lol.

Guns N Roses were also mentioned to be coming back to dublin in 2015 (saw them in 2010 and 2012 and they were better in 2012 than 2010 for obvious reasons) wud probly go but they would play the same setlist as before

I hope the Foo Fighters come

Bono made the announcement on Absolute Radio, an English radio station, so I'm sure he was referring to the London O2.
    But he did say they are going to do arenas and more intimate venues. I seriously doubt U2 would skip Dublin on a European tour!

Say what you like about them, but there is no denying they are an absolutely incredible life band! I have been hoping U2 would play smaller venues for years! The pompous 360 tour was pretty lame IMO. Despite a pretty outrageous structure in terms of architecture and design the overall output fell very flat! The intimate vibe the band spoke of never existed, so Roll on next year! Also Songs Of Innocence will go down very well live!

After seeing U2 in Croker in 09 have to say id be in no rush to go see them again. God sick of Bono's preaching **** every few minutes.

After seeing U2 in Croker in 09 have to say id be in no rush to go see them again. God sick of Bono's preaching **** every few minutes.

The 2009 show fell very flat IMO, Very disappointing after the 2005 Vertigo show!
    Preaching aside, I felt the new songs didn't go down too well live, the stage production aside for been an impressive structure was very dull and not utilized to the degree it could have been.

I am hoping they blow audiences away on this tour, 2005 Croke Park was nothing short of spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

think the Foo's with the right support(maybe QOTSA or the black keys) could do the Aviva, or get very very close to it..

Croke Park though, would have to be U2 or AC/DC to even come close..

if AC/DC come it'll be punchestown or Slane I'd imagine..

Slipknot touring Europe this Summer, anychance at all they'd come here? Or will i need to travel to England..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Slipknot touring Europe this Summer, anychance at all they'd come here? Or will i need to travel to England..

Aren't they banned from playing here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

karaokeman wrote: »
    Aren't they banned from playing here?

How in the name of anything can a band be banned from playing a show?!

Advertisement