Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs summer 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

don't think that's correct.
    the Zane Lowe page for Thursday doesn't mention Grohl, and neither Cee-Lo Green or James Blake are releasing anything this week.

Apologies if incorrect, say on boards and external so assumed right, and woulda just made sense with him appearing on rick aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Not sure if theres an announcement that link is wrong but Grohl is on BBC Radio then and he's tomorrow too though aswell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04n21yd

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Primavera Sound Festival
    The Strokes will play #PrimaveraSound 2015 Barcelona

Tickets already on sale at www.primaverasound.es/entradas

10477901_10152893674683156_5125371827745949589_n.jpg?oh=c8f5c918056220c63e2ccc29c2a94895&oe=54D60908&__gda__=1423083511_fbfd9c6483f866a298bd9a9b25f37596

Would be a perfect Forbidden Fruit/Longitude headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

possibly EP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Would be a perfect Forbidden Fruit/Longitude headliner

Would be deadly for Forbidden Fruit, and I'm not just say that because I live across the road!

Festival wise it might be a bit small for them tho. I'm sure they're expensive to book. Can see them as the Sunday act at EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looks like Foo Fighters tour is end of May, possibly creep into June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Mushy wrote: »
    Looks like Foo Fighters tour is end of May, possibly creep into June.

Wonder are they slane bound? Theyre playing manchester May 27th and the rumoured first slane date was may 30th. Wouldnt imagine theyre big enough for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Wonder are they slane bound? Theyre playing manchester May 27th and the rumoured first slane date was may 30th. Wouldnt imagine theyre big enough for it though.

Was Manchester announced already or is that a rumour?

lc180 wrote: »
    Was Manchester announced already or is that a rumour?

It was leaked on ticketline and efestivals but since taken back down

It was tweeted by ticketline or some ticket company but taken down since. With Dave on all the radio stations today I'd imagine the tour being confirmed within the next few hours. Whether there's an Ireland show included, I don't know, but would be shocked if there wasn't!

• Advertisement

It was tweeted by ticketline or some ticket company but taken down since. With Dave on all the radio stations today I'd imagine the tour being confirmed within the next few hours. Whether there's an Ireland show included, I don't know, but would be shocked if there wasn't!

Was Manchester an AreNa show or outdoor?.

With him on 2fm I'd guess irish date is a dead cert!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Was Manchester an AreNa show or outdoor?.

With him on 2fm I'd guess irish date is a dead cert!

Outdoor at the cricket ground.

Outdoor at the cricket ground.

Should have had it at the City of Manc stadium if thats the case maybe it wouldn't be ready if they touring may I suppose

Should have had it at the City of Manc stadium if thats the case maybe it wouldn't be ready if they touring may I suppose

Same as Green Day in 2010, Wembley will be on aswell

I think its booked for a homecoming party for when City win the Champions League!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Strokes and foo fighters doing slane on the 30th of may??

would 100% sell out and the dates make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seriously doubt The Strokes would be bothered with that.

would probably do their own 3Arena gig, or as mentioned, FF or Longitude before playing 2nd to the Foo Fighters....

Same as Green Day in 2010, Wembley will be on aswell

Wembley most likely won't be at a weekend though anyway if touring around those dates are correct 23rd-25th May Championship,League1&2 play-off finals, May 30th FA Cup final.

Manc cricket ground has 5,000 more capacity than city of Manchester Stadium they must really be going all out extensive with this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Would love to see the strokes over here at some stage next summer. Would be a great Sunday headliner at EP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

seriously doubt The Strokes would be bothered with that.

would probably do their own 3Arena gig, or as mentioned, FF or Longitude before playing 2nd to the Foo Fighters....

Well at the last Oxegen they only subbed Swedish House Mafia on the 2nd stage at Oxegen.

I think Strokes supporting Foo's would be a great day, Then maybe through in Royal Blood aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah if the Strokes were over I can't see them hanging around till the end of August for EP, more likely the start to middle of the summer

Well at the last Oxegen they only subbed Swedish House Mafia on the 2nd stage at Oxegen.

I think Strokes supporting Foo's would be a great day, Then maybe through in Royal Blood aswell :)

Foos, strokes amd royal blood would be a fantastic lineup!

Won't be attending as I hate the stinkhole but Foo's confirmed at Slane anyway May 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

girlfriend just told me that's the week we're meant to go on holiday well screw the holiday Il be at slane can't flipping wait going to be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Wonder if that will affect Forbidden fruit, I'd imagine there'd be some level of crossover between the fanbases. Pretty sure FF is always the bank holiday weekend.

Knew MCD wouldn't let me down eventually!

Finally a big band get a big outdoor gig in Ireland!!

FOOS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Wonder if that will affect Forbidden fruit, I'd imagine there'd be some level of crossover between the fanbases. Pretty sure FF is always the bank holiday weekend.

There isn't that much of an overlap to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

lbj666 wrote: »
    There isn't that much of an overlap to be fair.

Yeah prob not, could potentially lose a few casual attendees for ff though...those who'd head if the weather was good.

Foos Tickets for England dates to go onsale the 21st..

Should we expect the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Foos Tickets for England dates to go onsale the 21st..

Should we expect the same?

no

Advertisement