Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless HP Deskjet 2540 any good? Cheap in Dunnes right now.

Options
  • 01-10-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Looking for a cheap wireless printer for college, is this HP Deskjet 2540 any good?

Linky: http://www.trustedreviews.com/hp-deskjet-2540-review

It's coming in at €49.99 in Dunnes, but with the €10 back voucher on shopping over €50 spent they are doing right now, buy a packet of sweets and it's €39.99.

And they're throwing in a batch of Xerox paper with that deal too.

Just need it for printing out general documents, nothing like batches of photos or anything.

So is it any good?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

How often will you be printing documents and how many id what you need to ask yourself....

If you wont be printing to much too often then the cartridge heads will tend to dry up and you will spend more time trying to get the printer printing correctly than anything.

Just my two cents but for the extra €30 i would go for something like this Samsung Xpress SL-M2022W

The toner cartridge will print up to 700 pages from the factory and a brand new replacement will print up to 1400 mono pages i believe. Granted there is an argument to be made about the price of the toner cartridges for laser printers, but when you think about the number of pages you get and also the fact that they never really give much trouble, compared to ink cartridges. Then if you can spare the cash its a good bet for printing general documents...

Bear in mind also with some Ink jet printers, if you are printing just mono with them and no color, as soon as the black ink runs out the printer wont print... that's only from some i have seen in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Robbie71

printer is probably fine but word of warning regarding HP wireless -Once you get it set up for wireless dont mess with it again,
    I have spent countless hours setting up ,uninstalling, turning on, turning off ,
    Have a look at forums for reams of HP problems - I am sure this printer will have similar software etc
    However , when its working , it works like a dream ........ah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks folks. If its that much a pain on setting up for wireless printing maybe I should look elsewhere.

I'd be printing anything from 10-30 pages a week for college, so it'll be used regularly.

Actually I may not need wireless at all, it just would've been easier. But if there was a keenly priced wired (through USB) I'd consider that too.

Advertisement