Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The difference between a product and service...

Options
  • 01-10-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Apart from the obvious, anyone know the difference between these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

depends what you think is obvious. If you can hold it in your hand its a product. otherwise a service. Is there any context to this question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

VAT rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@Daliapour
    Your post is too vague, please explain what you're looking for in greater detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm waiting to see exactly what the OP wants, but vat rates do not in themselves distinguish products from services.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Daliapour

I was just curious as the whether irish water are selling a product, providing a service or both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Daliapour wrote: »
    I was just curious as the whether irish water are selling a product, providing a service or both

Both.

The product is the fresh, clean water (in most parts of the country anyway) coming in to your house. Although the provision of fresh water could be considered a service, the fact that it's metered effectively makes it a product like gas or electricity. Up to yesterday, it was a free service provided by your local council.

The service is the sewage system which takes away waste.

Advertisement