Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found dog

Options
  • 01-10-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Brown and white what seems to be a purebred jack russell terrier. Found her in the city wandering in the UCC campus and weaving out into the traffic on washington st. She has a brown head with a white stripe, a white body and tail with the exception of a brown spot on her tail. Please ask around if someone might be missing her. She's heel trained (we think by a man- she ignores me) and is very hyper. Hoping to find the owner as we can't keep her and will have to bring her to the CSPCA in mahon tomorrow morning. PM if you are/know the owner.
    Can't upload the picture but find it here https: //drive.google.com /file/ d/0B0_1d3KX2M_WWVhHd18xVHl1d1E/edit?usp=sharing (remove the spaces)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I just saw your pm. Poor chap I have posted it up on my facebook to see if anyone knows of someone missing a pooch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Think he could be from Wellington Road..Answers to the name Jack..Belongs to Paddy Cash. Don't have a number for him but the Gardaí would know his details..Does the Dog try to bite peoples heels ? If so that's him..

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

Unless Jack was the name for a female dog I'm afraid not. She has a habit of licking everything but no biting apart from when you're trying to put a lease on her and I think thats more cos she sees it as a game. I've put her into the Cspca and we'll call back in a few days to see if there's any luck. Otherwise she'll be going for rehoming in five days.

Oh I got so excited there when I saw the post about Jack, but sure what harm. Hopefully her owner will be found someone is bound to miss her!! Fingers crossed well done for taking her in

The owner has contacted me and is going down to pick her up. She's going to sent me a text when the doggy is safely home!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

tinz18 wrote: »
    The owner has contacted me and is going down to pick her up. She's going to sent me a text when the doggy is safely home!!

Glad to hear it!

I wasn't going to say anything but I had serious concerns over the dog going for "rehoming" under the CSPCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

If ever find a dog again contact Munster lost and found. They're amazing, really helpful

That was how the owner contacted me. I had put up a found advert on it- its a very good site. Unfortunately this was at three in the afternoon so by then I had dropped the dog into mahon as I had to work. I think more information out there to encourage owners to microchip their pet, especially in built up areas where its hard to identify owners because not everyone knows each other. In my home area, which is rural either someone would recognise the dog, or know of someone missing a dog, and failing that most homes have enough space to look after a stray for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

a lot of owners just can't be bothered. hopefully the cspca advise owners when they're retrieving their dogs that should microchip. It's a pity they don't microchip before releasing the dogs. Anyway well done on saving him

Yeah tis a shame alrite with the microchipping that more don't get it done.. Great idea to do it before they are left out of a place would support that cause if there was one set up

• Advertisement

I know when getting a rescue dog for rehoming from the pound they give a voucher towards getting the dog neutured- something similar with microchipping would be handy.

Do they, never heard.. That is a good idea alright.. I remember the Dublin CSPCA is it came to cork and were doing the free microchipping it was great you just gave a donation to them if anything and that was it..

Yeah I noticed that the Dog welfare society was doing it for free for the month of September- only saw it there. Heard nothing over the radios for it. The neuturing thing I think is normal back home, we got our dog from the Longford pound and the voucher with him. That said he is a bit of an escape artist so we got an electric dog fence mighty quick- it reduces the need for neuturing.

I know when getting a rescue dog for rehoming from the pound they give a voucher towards getting the dog neutured- something similar with microchipping would be handy.

I didn't think any group released dogs or cats without them being neutered.

He had just been brought in to the pound- his family was moving to a no pets complex (he was in the wardens van- thank god my mam asked to see him) so it could've been a case of they hadn't the time and we were hellbent on getting him out of there asap.

I will also add that if a dog is brought in by the warden they wouldn't instantly neuter it- could be someones prized pedigree that happened to get loose. There'd be some disgruntled dogowners if that was the case.

I will also add that if a dog is brought in by the warden they wouldn't instantly neuter it- could be someones prized pedigree that happened to get loose. There'd be some disgruntled dogowners if that was the case.

I meant that they wouldn't rehome a dog without it being neutered. I can't imagine getting a rescue dog and receiving a coupon and a suggestion for neutering.

I wasn't suggesting that they wouldn't return a dog to its owner without neutering.
    I didn't explain myself well.

Oh I understand that but I know the pound in question didn't hold dogs for long- after a week they had an euthanasia policy so I would say it was because of the quick turnaround that the dog wasn't neutured and we were pretty insistent on taking the dog as he was the splitting image of our old one and we didn't like leaving him in a place that has an euthanisia policy in case a mix-up happened. My cat was neutured when we got her from the home so it was probably an exeption with the dog

Advertisement