Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indoor market selling tips

Options
  • 01-10-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Doing a big house clear out and our local hall has started putting on an indoor market every Sunday this has given me the incentive to maybe set up a stall clear out some bric a brac, clothes and books and make a little bit of money. I have never sold at a market before anyone got any tips. It is inside so wont be as risky as an outdoor one I will have someone else with me to keep an eye on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Be willing to bargain, everyone will try and get something off the price.

Decide if you want to get rid of everything regardless of the 'value' or if you want to get a good price for your stuff.

Have it arranged so that people can actually see what you're selling. Wash bric a brac, put clothes on hangers.

Make sure you're in good and early to set up. I probably made most money when I did it from other stall holders before the general public were allowed in.

Have a float and some plastic bags for putting small items in.

Advertisement