Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtightness

Options
  • 01-10-2014 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Can somebody have a go at estimating the cost of making a new build 2500sq/ft masonary build airtight with the use of membranes, tapes and sealants. Cost per m2 or for a similar sized house would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

Superdaddy wrote: »
    Can somebody have a go at estimating the cost of making a new build 2500sq/ft masonary build airtight with the use of membranes, tapes and sealants. Cost per m2 or for a similar sized house would be appreciated.

I spent 1400 membrane and tapes for making windows and ceilings airtight for a house slightly smaller. I will be installing myself. Obviously that's only part of the cost. More tapes etc will need to be purchased I am sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I got 1300 sq. ft done for ~2500 recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Superdaddy wrote: »

For materials alone : Eur 1.00 to 1.50 per sqft (depends on a lot of things including ones definition of "airtight":))

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

So anywhere from €2000-€3000 for materials, anybody able to suggest what the labour on this might be?

Mine came in at just over 15 EUR a square metre ex. vat (for labour and materials)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

thesteve wrote: »
    Mine came in at just over 15 EUR a square metre ex. vat (for labour and materials)

what size house was it.

hexosan wrote: »
    what size house was it.

Scroll up.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Depend on system You use. Timber frame or metal etc. after the membrane because there's no point fit membrane straight before plasterboard it going to be damaged by screws, sockets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

€3000+vat for 3k sq/ft. Included wrapping first floor slabs.

Advertisement