Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wimbledon tour operator

• 01-10-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭

Hello Racquet sport enthusiasts.

I'm sorry if this has come up before, but I'm wondering if there's a reputable tour operator in Ireland that organises Wimbledon tours from Ireland. It's for my elderly folks. I'm not looking at semi finals or finals, but an atmospheric experience with some competitive sport on grass with all the stuff that goes with it. Decent hotels, transport connections, good food and comfort is a must. Unfortunately due to age and health, queuing, camping, and lottery opportunities are not in the picture. My ma will love me for it. My da will just go along with it! :)

Thanks in advance. I'm beginning to realise this may not be an option for them ever. Let alone 2015.

Money will be a consideration, but all options will be considered.

I have been googling around, but I'd appreciate any feedback from people that actually know something about the sport.

Thanks in advance.

(pm's welcomed from tour operators if the mods are ok with it)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Hello Racquet sport enthusiasts.

I'm sorry if this has come up before, but I'm wondering if there's a reputable tour operator in Ireland that organises Wimbledon tours from Ireland. It's for my elderly folks. I'm not looking at semi finals or finals, but an atmospheric experience with some competitive sport on grass with all the stuff that goes with it. Decent hotels, transport connections, good food and comfort is a must. Unfortunately due to age and health, queuing, camping, and lottery opportunities are not in the picture. My ma will love me for it. My da will just go along with it! :)

Thanks in advance. I'm beginning to realise this may not be an option for them ever. Let alone 2015.

Money will be a consideration, but all options will be considered.

I have been googling around, but I'd appreciate any feedback from people that actually know something about the sport.

Thanks in advance.

(pm's welcomed from tour operators if the mods are ok with it)

There are adverts in our club from a guy called Keith Prowse, I think, but the prices are mental.

Here you go: http://keithprowse.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

whiterebel wrote: »
    There are adverts in our club from a guy called Keith Prowse, I think, but the prices are mental.

Here you go: http://keithprowse.ie

Thanks a million whiterebel, he came up on google, I checked him out and he's certainly pricey, but he has it sussed, albeit, along with a broader spectrum around Europe. I was hoping for a smaller, localised operation ran by people in the know (tennis players!), but how often would such a crew get custom... Wishful thinking on my behalf! Thanks again.

Advertisement