Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home network basics

Options
  • 01-10-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Most of my media files are on an external hdd that I have connected to laptop via usb .
    I can access these files using my android phone and tablet with ES file explorer.

Just wondering what is the difference between this and a running a server on my laptop ( if this is the correct phrase)?
    I see apps such as Bubbleupnp but dont know why someone would use them instead of Es Explorer ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Transcodimg file formats

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Robbie71

If my android media player (mxplayer) can play most formats why do I need to transcode ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Robbie71 wrote: »
    If my android media player (mxplayer) can play most formats why do I need to transcode ?

You don't, but some media players (both h/w & s/w) have limited support for various codecs.

Advertisement