Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MH parking near Blackrock Clinic

Options
  • 01-10-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My wife is going to do a quick 30 minute visit in Blackrock clinic while we're on our way south to wicklow in the motorhome for the weekend. Is there anywhere close by I could park while she's gone? I'll be staying with the MH. I'm totally unfamiliar with the area, so I don't want to find I drop her off and can't find anywhere at all to pull in. Something like a large supermarket carpark, its hard to see what suits looking at google maps. Ours is a fairly big bus :)

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

kelbal wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    My wife is going to do a quick 30 minute visit in Blackrock clinic while we're on our way south to wicklow in the motorhome for the weekend. Is there anywhere close by I could park while she's gone? I'll be staying with the MH. I'm totally unfamiliar with the area, so I don't want to find I drop her off and can't find anywhere at all to pull in. Something like a large supermarket carpark, its hard to see what suits looking at google maps. Ours is a fairly big bus :)

Thanks a mil

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond but as a starter and going completely from memory of a few years ago I feel that Mount Merrion Avenue might be suitable. It's wide with various parking slots. If coming from city centre just continue past the Clinic and it'll be signposted to your right.

I cannot recall whether or not the Frascati shopping centre has a height barrier I think not but the entrance is a bit tight and only accessible from a southerly approach due to dual carriageway. So you would need to plan your approach via Blackrock village.

It's just beyond the turn for Mount Merrion Avenue but you'll need to go left into Main St Blackrock to get at it

As I said, hopefully someone will come up with better alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

There is an outdoor carpark at the Blackrock clinic. Otherwise there is a small car park across the road in the Blackrock park.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Parking on street or off close by should not be a problem. Only concern is your timing as this is a very busy route for commuters to city centre. If you are arriving 10am or later you will be fine. If earlier allow for traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If you go back towards booterstown avenue you could park in the car park of Gleeson's pub or out side on the street there is a parking bay. You can get a coffee in the pub. Anything to do with a hospital is never half an hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

I think I found the one *Kol* mentioned - go a little past the clinic (coming from town), and on the left there's a park with a few parking spaces, no height restrictions

thanks again

Advertisement