Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TREATED UNFAIRLY

Options
  • 02-10-2014 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HELLO

I work in Insurance and is by commission, I am working in a Vietnamese all Vietnamese office, and as a latina, I was hired to assist and mostly sell policies to Spanish speakers. My boss told me one day that if I feel uncomfortable to speak out if anything happens. Well the sister in law of his associated partner works there and she is a bully, she bullies everybody in the office by taking quotes we already did and getting the commission, well there is a lot of Spanish speakers that walk in and it happens that if I am shortly on the phone, she takes the client and forces them to speak their bad English, the clients because I know they understand too little in English what she says and I told my boss twice and there is something a way that he turns things on her favor. I don't like to be jumping here and there for jobs, I like stability, well today I told him what just happened she sold the policy and they client did not understand what he even had covered, they were not in the office and I texted him what happened and that I felt very sad about it. most of the clients that go to the office are Vietnamese speakers and when in the end I can get someone from my own people is taken away, I feel very frustrated and I though he would be on my side and he just told me that if I feel very uncomfortable with the situation he could recommend me to another office or I could think about it and stay and just worry about making money....at this point I don't know what to do this woman is getting on my nerves and she is never being called out or nothing she is always innocent and I am guilty I told him that because she is the sister in law of his partner he is by her side all the time and is not fare...I don't want to leave because I don't make her to think she wins or what but the other girls stay quite all the time when she takes their clients....I need help please!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

HELLO

I work in Insurance and is by commission, I am working in a Vietnamese all Vietnamese office, and as a latina, I was hired to assist and mostly sell policies to Spanish speakers. My boss told me one day that if I feel uncomfortable to speak out if anything happens. Well the sister in law of his associated partner works there and she is a bully, she bullies everybody in the office by taking quotes we already did and getting the commission, well there is a lot of Spanish speakers that walk in and it happens that if I am shortly on the phone, she takes the client and forces them to speak their bad English, the clients because I know they understand too little in English what she says and I told my boss twice and there is something a way that he turns things on her favor. I don't like to be jumping here and there for jobs, I like stability, well today I told him what just happened she sold the policy and they client did not understand what he even had covered, they were not in the office and I texted him what happened and that I felt very sad about it. most of the clients that go to the office are Vietnamese speakers and when in the end I can get someone from my own people is taken away, I feel very frustrated and I though he would be on my side and he just told me that if I feel very uncomfortable with the situation he could recommend me to another office or I could think about it and stay and just worry about making money....at this point I don't know what to do this woman is getting on my nerves and she is never being called out or nothing she is always innocent and I am guilty I told him that because she is the sister in law of his partner he is by her side all the time and is not fare...I don't want to leave because I don't make her to think she wins or what but the other girls stay quite all the time when she takes their clients....I need help please!!!

I feel for you, since I've been in companies both where people have stole commission from other reps, or simply gained commission for work that was already done by someone else by doctoring the records (got caught up with by HR in the end though) and also where close ties have resulted in conflicts of interest for managers where they were letting their very close friends, boyfriend/girlfriend and family members do what they want in the workplace and it's very tough and a clear case of favoritism going on.

I actually tried to speak up about this and tackle the problem head on in the later case about the conflict of interest, but it didn't do me any good and instead it just ended up with said people and people who were close to them being even more out to get me. The most important thing is not to let this woman win, do not let her make you angry or allow yourself to get aggressive or flustered by her as if you do this she just wins.

Is there any other management above the manager who you spoke to that could possibly be approached? If you are going to do this however, I would STRONGLY advise that you get some proof of what is going on, documented is best, because it will just be your word against theirs and you can sure they will cover up for each other, so if you are going to report this to a higher level, you'll never win when it's their word against yours, you need to say what is going on and most of all PROVE IT and have good proof before it will make a difference and get someone to act.

Few questions though
    1) You say she 'Takes' the client, how does she do this?
    2) How many more people are losing commission from this person?
    3) Are any of these activities logged anywhere that would show that you started the case and then someone took over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

HELLO

Hi OP - which country are you in?

Thanks.

Advertisement