Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Tallaght to UCD

Options
  • 02-10-2014 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Hi all this has probably been asked before but can't seem to find it. My son has started in UCD and is luckily getting a lift in 2-3 mornings per week but the days he doesn't he has to bus it in from Tallaght to city centre - city centre to UCD and again on the return journey. I know the 77X is a 7:30 bus but some lectures start 10-11. Is there anyone busing it from Tallaght to UCD and if so is there any handy bus route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The 50x is another option, but again it goes early enough. If he doesn't want to go early, he'll be looking at getting a bus into town and then out to UCD, or the Luas and another bus to campus.

You could always try looking at the Dublin Bus route planner: http://dublinbus.ie/Route-Planner/

From experience, I've always found it handier to be out in campus earlier as it gives a chance to get some work or photocopying done before lectures/seminars/labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ILBondo

Hi

i live in Tallaght and i work in UCD, i find that the best way to get there is the 65 or 65b bus to Rathmines (provided you are within walking reasonable walking distance of either), and then walk 10 minutes down the Canal to Leeson st bridge to get the 46a or 145, as it skips much of the City Centre Traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

ILBondo wrote: »
    Hi

i live in Tallaght and i work in UCD, i find that the best way to get there is the 65 or 65b bus to Rathmines (provided you are within walking reasonable walking distance of either), and then walk 10 minutes down the Canal to Leeson st bridge to get the 46a or 145, as it skips much of the City Centre Traffic.

Just by the by, if you're going through Rathmines, the 142 is now running a more regular service from Portobello to UCD. It leaves half-past-the-hour, every hour, 'from 10.30 'til 3.30 (there's a couple in the morning, but does the full route from deep Northside). It gets into UCD about 12-15 minutes to the hour.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/14211/

Advertisement