Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notified Fees

Options
  • 02-10-2014 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Can BOI give some warning before deducting "notified fees"?  These seem to randomly get deducted from my current account every few months and I've no idea when they are likely to be deducted, apart from some vague "every quarter" type schedule.

I don't tend to keep much money in my current account and often I just transfer some in from my savings account to cover direct debits and the like.  However last week, I again found that the money I had transferred to cover an upcoming direct debit had been devoured by "notified fees".

Can you guys start making it clear, ahead of time, how much will de deducted, and exactly when.  A reminder a few days or a week ahead of time would be good, instead of finding out when you logon and see your account almost overdrawn or a direct debit payment fails to goes through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

It would be handy if the date of the next fee period end was on the top of the page for your currant account in online banking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

veganrun wrote: »
    Can BOI give some warning before deducting "notified fees"?  These seem to randomly get deducted from my current account every few months and I've no idea when they are likely to be deducted, apart from some vague "every quarter" type schedule.

I don't tend to keep much money in my current account and often I just transfer some in from my savings account to cover direct debits and the like.  However last week, I again found that the money I had transferred to cover an upcoming direct debit had been devoured by "notified fees".

Can you guys start making it clear, ahead of time, how much will de deducted, and exactly when.  A reminder a few days or a week ahead of time would be good, instead of finding out when you logon and see your account almost overdrawn or a direct debit payment fails to goes through.
    Hi veganrun,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

When you are charged notified fees on your account, you should receive a fee notification statement in the post in the weeks prior to these debiting your account. This is sent if your quarterly account fees are over the amount of €12.50. The fee notification statement will include the date that these fees will debit your account. 

If you did not receive this notification statement of fees, please get in contact with your branch who will be happy to look into this for you. You can find the contact details for your branch here. The quarterly account fee dates are also included in our Schedule of Fees and Charges here

Thank you for your comments on these fee notifications, we will certainly pass them on to our relevant department for review in our future updates. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement