Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire Bricks in Stove Cracking (Warranty ????)

• 02-10-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

Fire bricks in stove both cracked into pieces in their first season, I now have to replace them at cost as the retailer won't replace. Will I have to keep purchasing new ones every year, do they come with any warranty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

There are very few companies which cover any interior parts of a stove as they are in direct contact with the fire.Some offer 1 year but glass and firebricks are normally excluded.
    Firebricks especially are a type of ceramic brick.These can crack from a variety of reasons like fuel being thrown into the stove.
    The most likely reason though is stove overburnng.
    Irish people seem to have an obsession with burning the stove so hot that one can barely stay in the room.
    I always explain comparing to a car,if you drive your car in the strongest gear(1st) all the time then you will wreck your gearbox and car in no time.
    You need to go through the gears with a stove.
    I'm not saying you are OP,just giving an explanation in general.
    Coming back to your original post,buy a tub of fire cement and fill the small cracks when they appear.This shud lengthen their lifespan.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 self3137

Thanks for the tips, I will take them on board. Should be starting her up for the season soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭icebergiceberg

self3137 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, I will take them on board. Should be starting her up for the season soon.

facing the same kind of problem. Block has split in two. got a sealant and am trying to sort it out. How much does a block cost do you know? if they are reasonable then i will buy some and keep them in stock for use as and when.

Advertisement