Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Analytics newbie

Options
  • 02-10-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all

A friend has asked me to give him a hand with his business' online presence and am trying to get up and running on GA.

I am a complete newbie with this and am just wondering is it possible to for me to track a website that isn't my own? If so how do you get the websites index.html to paste the tracking info?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gary_evans

you will need somebody to insert the tracking code into the site before GA can function correctly.

Depends on how the site is set up. If its Wordpress and you don't want to go messing about with the code you can just use a plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Hi smithirl,

PM me with the website URL and I will have a look at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

You usually need to drop some js on to the page you want to track

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

So you'll need ftp access to the site. It very easy to setup

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

As guys said its small bit of code that needs to be dropped onto page. You should also have a look at Google webmaster tools again only needs small bit of code in the header section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement