Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/ Rock Im Park 2014

Options
  • 02-10-2014 11:14am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Slipknot and Foo Fighters have been confirmed to play next year’s Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park festivals in Germany, with Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Motörhead, Papa Roach, Skindred, Parkway Drive, Rise Against, Asking Alexandria, Beatsteaks, Broilers, Calle Jon, Die Toten Hosen, Donots, In Flames, Kraftklub, Lamb Of God, Trailer Park and Turbostaat also having been announced. Wow.

Rock Im Park will be taking place in Zeppelinfield, Nurnberg, while Rock Am Ring takes place in Mendig Vulkaneifel – with both festivals running July 5 – 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

You gotta love the Germans and their efficiency. Announcing a massive lineup for a festival over 9 months in advance!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    You gotta love the Germans and their efficiency. Announcing a massive lineup for a festival over 9 months in advance!

Agreed , They really know how to organise it and run it properly for sure (well tbf most European festivals are run very well)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's actually not really Rock Am Ring anymore though they've changed location from the Nurburgring to some airfield base, no doubt they want to keep the established name regardless.

I see it's back to 3 days unlike the 4 they tried last year.

Nova Rock (Austria) also announcing first acts supposedly later today too, should give us some indication what Download Festival may announce during the month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's actually not really Rock Am Ring anymore though they've changed location from the Nurburgring to some airfield base, no doubt they want to keep the established name regardless.

Nova Rock (Austria) also announcing first acts supposedly later today too, should give us some indication what Download Festival may announce during the month too.

RAR is normally 3 nights, they do 4 if an extra band are in the area.

Nova will announce Foos and slipknot anyway I'd say, always similar. Tempted to go!

Mushy wrote: »
    Nova will announce Foos and slipknot anyway I'd say, always similar. Tempted to go!

Similar announced no Foos though...

Heres what Nova Rocks first announcement was...

Slipknot, Die Toten Hosen, Motorhead, Rise Against, Life Of Agony, Kraftklub, Papa Roach, Jennifer Rostock, Asking Alexandria, The Sword, In Flames, Farin Urlaub Racing Team.

Wouldn't sell me a ticket yet but Life Of Agony when they get back together they were a decent act back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Have the hotel booked and getting the tickets next pay day.

Was well worth the trip last year, even though the heat was INSANE!
    HB Calippo did well that weekend! :pac:

I assume Download will be a similar line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Have the hotel booked and getting the tickets next pay day.

Was well worth the trip last year, even though the heat was INSANE!
    HB Calippo did well that weekend! :pac:

I assume Download will be a similar line up!

Really tempted to go for this! When is Download lineup usually announced? Surely not as fast or efficient as ze Germans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Really tempted to go for this! When is Download lineup usually announced? Surely not as fast or efficient as ze Germans

Not as fast or efficient! Usually get the three main headliners by Christmas for the Christmas present tickets, cause I know I'm usually booking Download in January.

Least we Rock im Park I could book hotel and trains were running before/after the festival and pretty much guaranteed decent weather.

Actually they usually have something announced before RAR/RIP, but it's more drip fed starting with the headliners. Sweden Rock are announcing their first acts on the 10th that festival is mainly classic rock orientated maybe they are sharing a big act from that?

Hellfest announced pretty much their entire line up on the first week of December last year, that was the most efficient I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Anybody know if the new location for RAR has grass underfoot?? Maybe its just me (and my fragile bones!!) but the tarmac used destroy me, great for wet weather but crippling after a day standing or sitting on it. Me getting old methinks

• Advertisement

More acts announced;

Bastille
    Slash w/Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators
    Deichkind
    Marilyn Manson
    A Day To Remember
    Marsimoto
    Fritz Kalkbrenner
    Enter Shikari
    Godsmack
    Hollywood Undead
    Blues Pills
    KIZ
    Picture Book
    Body Count w/Ice-T
    SiriusModeSelektor
    Mighty Oaks
    MS MR
    Fine Cream Fish Fillet
    Prinz Pi
    Mallory Knox
    While She Sleeps
    King 810
    Fences
    AnnenMayKantereit

Also just copped year is wrong in thread title :)

More acts announced;

Bastille
    Deichkind
    Marilyn Manson
    A Day To Remember
    Marsimoto
    Fritz Kalkbrenner
    Enter Shikari
    Godsmack
    Hollywood Undead
    Blues Pills
    KIZ
    Picture Book
    Body Count w/Ice-T
    SiriusModeSelektor
    Mighty Oaks
    MS MR
    Fine Cream Fish Fillet
    Prinz Pi
    Mallory Knox
    While She Sleeps
    King 810
    Fences
    AnnenMayKantereit

Ooops ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

More acts announced;

Bastille
    Deichkind
    Marilyn Manson
    A Day To Remember
    Marsimoto
    Fritz Kalkbrenner
    Enter Shikari
    Godsmack
    Hollywood Undead
    Blues Pills
    KIZ
    Picture Book
    Body Count w/Ice-T
    SiriusModeSelektor
    Mighty Oaks
    MS MR
    Fine Cream Fish Fillet
    Prinz Pi
    Mallory Knox
    While She Sleeps
    King 810
    Fences
    AnnenMayKantereit

shaping up nicely! :cool:

63972_10152926821324880_8496232000163495822_n.jpg?oh=1acb714bf09ae08ba1c277ff3dea62f3&oe=54DF5D40&__gda__=1425223433_eeb0d553c14d1856ef715b3e15f26fce

Yea def looking tasty indeed. Also could a mod change the date to 2015:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not interested in the lineup, but Eagles of Death Metal touring wahey!

Not going meself but people interested in going the Rock Am Ring edition is close to selling out.

Rock Am Ring officially sold out, Rock im Park only 10,000 tickets left...clearly the Rock Am Ring brand works its not even at the ring coincidentally a new festival that was simply called Der Ring was and sold terribly Muse,Kiss and Metallica headlining it had to be moved to Schalke football clubs stadium.

Also Slipknot and Foo Fighters on same day most likely clashing shocking.

Advertisement