Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I remove 2 zones from an alarm myself

Options
  • 02-10-2014 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

We are getting work done on our house and a window and door with alarm contacts will be removed. Is there any way that I myself can remove them from the alarm setup?
    Would I need an engineers code?

Will I have an issue if the door and window are removed without reconfiguring?

I am not 100% sure now as out of house but think we have a HKC - SW- RKP slimline model.

Thanks in advance.
    Sharon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

gIslands wrote: »
    Hi,

We are getting work done on our house and a window and door with alarm contacts will be removed. Is there any way that I myself can remove them from the alarm setup?
    Would I need an engineers code?

Will I have an issue if the door and window are removed without reconfiguring?

I am not 100% sure now as out of house but think we have a HKC - SW- RKP slimline model.

Thanks in advance.
    Sharon

Hi Sharon,

If you know the zone you should be able to remove this in the control panel and close it off. Just remember to turn off the mains going to the control panel. It will still be active on the bell so when it activates just enter your user code to turn it off.

Advertisement