Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix (NO FOOTAGE OF THE CRASH ALLOWED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,962 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This is awful watching the rerun on BBC, they had no clue Bianchi was buried in the back of the lifter and were commenting on the medical car rushing out to attend to Sutil, even as Sutil stood on the hillside watching over Bianchi's car invisible to the camera position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

any video of the accident?

Apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,790 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This is awful watching the rerun on BBC, they had no clue Bianchi was buried in the back of the lifter and were commenting on the medical car rushing out to attend to Sutil, even as Sutil stood on the hillside watching over Bianchi's car invisible to the camera position.

I watching it and knowing what happened it's very strange.but the camera angle you can't see bianchi's car so I mean you can't blame them. Then DC says that bianchi is missing out on track and mentions the graphic that went up.

Apparently not.
    How is that possible? 10 minutes looking and can't find one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I just thought BBC were making zero reference to it. Watching confused as how/when exactly it happened, other than my previous comment on it.

First reference during the race I heard to it was after Hamilton was declared the winner, ie, minutes ago.

Did feel very uncomfortable watching, knowing that this was where the incident occured.

Would be hoping that all the news agencys, and any decent video website are not showing it, or removed it out of respect and consideration.

I read that the podium celebrations were muted and its obvious they knew what had happened.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I watching it and knowing what happened it's very strange.but the camera angle you can't see bianchi's car so I mean you can't blame them. Then DC says that bianchi is missing out on track and mentions the graphic that went up.

Ah no, no reflection on the commentary at all, nobody knew. Just felt like a slow train crash waiting for them to get to the point where they are informed about Bianchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Good.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

It was never broadcast. Only FOM and the FIA have access to it.

It wasn't broadcast so until FOM release it or someone leaks it there'll be none online.

For those that watched it live did sky show the incident live ?

It did sound logical that the car was not being removed as Sutil was the priority, then I thought if he was out of the car, why not remove it.

If the BBC were not aware of Bianchis crash, it does sound totally logical now that the tractor and Sutils car were still on site.

Mie General Hospital are expected to make a statement shortly. (The F1 Times)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

MOD EDIT

No one showed it. FOM never used the cameras there, and didn't replay the onboards. Ever since Senna, FOM don't show crashes that aren't out in the open. And even at that, the one's that are out in the open get very little coverage of the extraction.

No, everyone gets the same feed from FOM.

EDITED OUT FOOTAGE. Last warning folks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Th is was not typically a weather related incident. It happened to be wrong place, wrong time. I didn't know about the crash. I watched the recorded one from this morning. When I saw the crash, I could see a big plume of smoke behind the tracker a nd what I thought were a load of bags on the ground (turns out was the car). The weather added to the crash, but if it wasn't raining, that crash could easily have happened anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I don't want to see any posts of the crash, simple as that folks.Anybody who does will be taking a break from the forum

Agreed there should be no posts,video,stills or anything like that of the crash. It was a very serious and bad crash lets just leave it at that. Hope that Jules makes a full revovery and gets better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

_rebelkid wrote: »
    New photo of the car has emerged. Roll hoop is completely gone. Looks like more of a side impact. Worst part is the remnants of steering wheel on the top of the bulkhead.

I have heard people talking about the car and how it might be a bad sign. But I do wonder (and hope), if the extrication team had to rip bits of the car off in order to get Jules out? Hoping thats the case.

I watched the rerun on BBC 2 and Suzy said beforehand that there had been a bad crash. BBC were slow to pick up on it at the time though, which was understandable to be fair to them as Jules car was well hidden, but there was a couple of shots of the Marussia garage, when they still thought it was Sutil which gave the game away.

Felt sick watching the subdued podium and the expression on everyones face, Christian Horner really looked quite shaken, that is what brought it home that this is very serious. Hoping he is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

The FIA control all the feeds that the channels have so they have not released the footage. The only way I would imagine there will be footage is if someone had recorded it on their phone.

If the steering wheel was destroyed along with everything from the roll-hoop back then I find it hard to imagine how there's any surviving that, even short-term. So as was said, maybe some have to be removed to get Jules out of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Where exactly did it happen on track? Was it the exit of spoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Bianchi is out of surgery, breathing on his own, and is in the Intensive Care Unit at hospital. Next 24 hours are critical

L'Equipe report

Lets hope he is ok

Where exactly did it happen on track? Was it the exit of spoon?

Exit of Dunlop. Incident started at the apex though. River flows from left to right across there, which caught Sutil out. With the amount of rain that was falling, there was even more water there by the time Jules got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

If the steering wheel was destroyed along with everything from the roll-hoop back then I find it hard to imagine how there's any surviving that, even short-term. So as was said, maybe some have to be removed to get Jules out of the car.

Came across a recent traffic accident on a dual carriageway recently (I was going the other way) and the emergency services had cut off the top of the whole car to extract someone from the car while holding his head steady. I understand its fairly normal procedure nowadays. Hopefully this is the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,174 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Steering wheel looked okay to me, they had it sitting on the nose of the car

• Advertisement

Steering wheel looked okay to me, they had it sitting on the nose of the car

One of the images shows what, to me, looks like one of the handles sitting on the bulkhead. The rest of the wheel is further down the car, so I could be wrong.

Advertisement