Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: Round 15 - Japanese Grand Prix (NO FOOTAGE OF THE CRASH ALLOWED)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,174 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

It is nearly always something Martin Brundle comments on, the way he hates seeing the recovery trucks on track

• Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I knew it wasnt Sutil from the start as there seemed to be a shot of him sitting by the side of the road with his head in his hands looking disconsolate.

Very soon after a caption with Bianchi came up and they switched to the Marussia garage. Surprised the BBC never copped on to this.

Ye me too altough I think David Coulthard had a fair idea when the medical car was called that here must have been something else going on as he had a fair idea that Adrian Sutil was not that badly injured being a former F1 driver himself and knowing how safe modern F1 cars are.

Since Sennas death there have been no deaths or major injuries in actual racing but there has been in recovery situations in testing and races and among marshals and its perfectly clear this is a situation that the FIA has to look at.

What about Felipe Massa,s crash in 2009 at Hungary that was very serious it knocked him unconcise and he ended up missing half a season over it.

While the actual racing itself is as safe (f thats the correct term) as it will ever be recovery situations are not. Indeed we had a marshal killed at the Canadian GP two years ago.

I really hope Jules is OK.

I also really hope that Jules is OK and makes a full recovery.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It is nearly always something Martin Brundle comments on, the way he hates seeing the recovery trucks on track

He almost hit one at that very corner, instead he hit a marshal beside it who got a broken leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

My initial reaction upon Sutil's crash was that it would cause an immediate safety car in the belief they wouldn't otherwise try to remove his car at such a notoriously difficult and risky location. Why didn't they do that?

I just hope Jules will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Didn't know about bianchi, just got back to hotel myself sopping wet.

On the jcb-ers, they were trying to move a Porsche in the support race at turn 2 and making a right arse of it. Took almost two or 3 minutes to get it behind the barrier.

Hope he's ok anyway, was a great race. Heavens opened just at the start, thought they were never going to go green. Not fun being sopping wet and staring at pace car lights wishing them to go out.

Hamiltons pass was great, and the red bulls were actually race-y. Next time I go I'll bring a radio, didn't have a scooby as to what was happening at some points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Sky F1 aren't even showing the highlights that were supposed to be on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

FIA statement:

"The CT scan shows Bianchi has suffered a severe head injury and undergoing surgery. He will then be moved to intensive care"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

There is going to be another statement soon.

Edit: that was the statement above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

FIA confirm Jules is being operated on following a head injury.

• Advertisement

Link?

Only tweets from the Media. No public statement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Link?

Listening to the Radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They mentioned it on Sky Sports News there, there's an operation at the mo following severe head injury, & Jules will then be moved to an ICU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Not that I'm doubting you guys, but you know yourselves, sources are important at times like this!

Still doubtful that Bianchi's father spoke to the press as is widely being claimed.

Not that I'm doubting you guys, but you know yourselves, sources are important at times like this!

Still doubtful that Bianchi's father spoke to the press as is widely being claimed.

The Media all posted about the statement, at exactly the same time. They won't lie about the FIA at a time like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

It was confirmed by the FIA according to Craig Slater on SSN.

BzLkRDXCcAAsVQ0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is it OK to discuss the championship now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

flazio wrote: »
    Is it OK to discuss the championship now?

Too Soon. :(

I'm still fairly distraught over Bianchi and the implications for Marussia . The seem like a great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

My view on 'the pass'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

WTF1 are reporting that all the drivers are in the hospital with Jules.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,790 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The bbc are showing the race but they said there is no footage of the crash. I didn't see the race live and my wifi is gone and it's hard to post on boards. So if this has been already mentioned sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Zcott wrote: »
    WTF1 are reporting that all the drivers are in the hospital with Jules.

That's not the case. Adam Cooper just tweeted saying he's on the train with Vettel, Ricciardo, Gutierez and Sutil. Lots of stuff flying around online and there's a lot of twitter users/websites that use this type of incident to increase their followers/hits. Not nice but that's why we get so much conflicting reports. As far as I'm concerned the main people to follow are the likes of Adam Cooper, Ed Straw (Autosport), Will Buxton and Chris Medland (Crash.net). Those are four of the best journos all working with reputable news sites and apart from the Sky and BBC heads they're the ones that I'd trust most for news from today. They won't put anything out unless they're sure it's true

New photo of the car has emerged. Roll hoop is completely gone. Looks like more of a side impact. Worst part is the remnants of steering wheel on the top of the bulkhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

frostie500 wrote: »
    That's not the case. Adam Cooper just tweeted saying he's on the train with Vettel, Ricciardo, Gutierez and Sutil. Lots of stuff flying around online and there's a lot of twitter users/websites that use this type of incident to increase their followers/hits. Not nice but that's why we get so much conflicting reports. As far as I'm concerned the main people to follow are the likes of Adam Cooper, Ed Straw (Autosport), Will Buxton and Chris Medland (Crash.net). Those are four of the best journos all working with reputable news sites and apart from the Sky and BBC heads they're the ones that I'd trust most for news from today. They won't put anything out unless they're sure it's true

Agree with this fully, and as an aside, Autosport's own website also appears to be down. The lack of credible info at the mo is adding to the concern

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I wasn't sure if it was true or not but thanks for clarifying. Good to know there's a few journos out there concerned with the actual truth.

Sky's Craig Slater reporting that Bianchi is out of surgery. L'Equipe reporting that he is breathing on his own. No confirmation of either as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Watching the BBC Highlights now. At the start of the progame they did say they would NOT have coverage of the incident. After reading that statement on how it occured i wont be searching it out, sounds horrendous. Wishing Jules all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Sky's Craig Slater reporting that Bianchi is out of surgery. L'Equipe reporting that he is breathing on his own. No confirmation of either as of yet.

Just after getting a press release from Marussia and it just repeats the FIA release from earlier stating that "There is no further information at this time. When the Team is able to communicate further information, this will be distributed to all media via the Marussia F1."

That was released ten minutes ago. I'd wait for confirmation from the team because even though a paper like L'Equipe is likely to be closer to Jules than most media their tweets/reports are still translated into English from French so something could be missing.

• Advertisement

Just after getting a press release from Marussia and it just repeats the FIA release from earlier stating that "There is no further information at this time. When the Team is able to communicate further information, this will be distributed to all media via the Marussia F1."

That was released ten minutes ago. I'd wait for confirmation from the team because even though a paper like L'Equipe is likely to be closer to Jules than most media their tweets/reports are still translated into English from French so something could be missing.

Yeah. The FIA said that any future updates would come from the hospital Jules is in. I imagine they'll do that through Marussia.

Advertisement