Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

relocating to dubai

Options
  • 02-10-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

looking to relocate to dubai 56 years of age pretty much lost everything i need to start over a lot of hotel experience and management lot sales experience owned my own small supermarket any suggestions how to go about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I've been living in the Middle East for two years now, mainly Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Are you looking to just work or looking to start a new business?

Dubai is a great place but it's busy and extremely expensive to live in. My girlfriend is living there with 4 others and pays 1200 euro for a room in a 5 bed apartment which gives you a rough idea. Setting up business and working in the Middle East is tough. They say if you can make it in New York you can make it anywhere, if you can make it here I gurantee you can make it anywhere.

In terms of setting up a business there's a lot of red tape and if you dont have a local Emirati sponsor you pretty much wont be able to set one up. You can set up a branch in Dubai of course but you need to have a head office somewhere else I believe such as Ireland a minimum amount in the bank account. I know that's for Bahrain anyway so I'm sure it's similar. Local partners will be your sponsor for visas and any government related issues. Finding a good one would be essential in my opinion as a good one with friends and relatives can get a lot done if needed, but of course they'll want a significant chunk of your business.

What kind of area are you looking to get into?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

looking to relocate to dubai 56 years of age pretty much lost everything i need to start over a lot of hotel experience and management lot sales experience owned my own small supermarket any suggestions how to go about it

Out of curiousity, why Dubai?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Herby Grant

thanks for the input it's actually a job i am looking for

simple answer i want to try to make as much money as quickly as i can and i was hoping dubai would be the answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Herby you will need to make a great case with some very special, and in demand, talents to make serious fast money out of an employee type job!! Your first post above would not inspire me to offer any encouragement!

• Advertisement

actually thanks a million for that it's only when i read what i had written i wouldn't give myself much encouragement that is not really who i am but thanks for the wake up call

Advertisement