Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor Iphone problem

• 02-10-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

My Sister entered into a 24month contract with Meteor in March 2014. She was given an iphone 4 for free as part of the contract.

6 months later the phone overheated while charging and began to smoulder at the dock connector.

When disconnected, the phone still worked but when the battery ran down, it could not be recharged.

She brought the phone and charger to Meteor to show them what happened.
    The took it in and contacted her to say the problem was caused by water or moisture damage. This is absolute rubbish as the device was nowhere near water before or during the time the fault arose.

They want €218 to fix/replace it.

My sister wouldnt accept this and reiterated it did not come into contact with water and demanded proof of their findings. They said they had photographic evidence but have yet to produce it.

She is due to collect the damaged device today.

Has anyone had a similiar experience as Ive read this is not uncommon for Meteor to treat their customers like this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

As its in warranty contact apple directly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Go directly to Apple. Meteor send it to a third party repair agent as i discivered recently.
    You can arrange everything with apple online using the serial number.

Advertisement