Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permenancy

Options
  • 02-10-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am currently employed in a company for the last 15 months can I be made permanent now?

Do I have to wait until I get to 2 years employment??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What does your contract say?

An employer is allowed to offer you a Contract of Infinite Duration (CID) at any time: they don't have to wait for two years.

However if you are on a series of temporary contracts (including ones with small gaps between them - but there is no official definition of "small"), then after four years you are entitled to be put on a CID, whether the company wants it or not.

That said, even if you are on a CID:
    - You can be fired without the Unfair Dismissals Act (I think that's the right name) applying at any time in the first 12 months or them telling you that your probation is over - whichever comes first, and
    - Your position can be made redundant at any time, and if you have been there less than two years you are not entitled to any redundancy payout.

Advertisement