Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Machines

Options
  • 02-10-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about the payzone credit card machines. We have sublet some of our premisies and the tenant is getting one of these in. I've just spoken to the rep and he has said the machine can piggy back off of our telephone line without interupting calls etc and they call a freefone number. I've experience in telecoms billing and know that other companies charge for these calls at a local rate 0818.

I don't want to look petty with the tennant but I don't want our calls dropping or to be charged for her calls for the machine any help or advice is appriciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

These days all calls for CC machines are freefone, however I don't know how it can;t interrupt your line as you won't be able to make calls at the same tie - though authorisation does only take a second.

The main issue would be that the machine may try and call out when you are on a call and until you finish the call, the machine won't be able to get verifcation - if this isn't an issue with the tenant, there shouldn't be a problem.

There are 2 other ways - a machine linked to broadband connection (possibly this is what they are doing anyway) and that has no affect at all for either party, or a machine that uses mobile technology - the machine costs more to rent. (not sure if its offered by Payzone)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I was thinking it can be done through the broadband as we've one setup this way currently. I've no problem with them using that just don't want any interference with the phone with our own clients not being able to get through. The rep did mention something about a sim free machine for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

We had our machine updated recently, we used to have a PSTN machine which was older than the hills; They replaced it with a newer ingento machine which has connections for Ethernet & Telephone.

I think they do another machine which works off the vodafone network.

Advertisement