Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite & Santry

Options
  • 02-10-2014 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hello,

What's the craic with Pyrite and apartment blocks in Santry. From what I can gather online:

Templegardens - No Pyrite
    Temple Court - Pyrite
    Parklands - No Pyrite

I am viewing others in Santry at the moment so appreciate if any other blocks around the place also have Pyrite.

I imagine it differs depending on the building complex but I am wondering if there is any way I can get a definitive answer online.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Is the apartment you are thinking of buying on the ground floor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

So there's a media ban on stating it publicly but I am aware of the situation there now.

Long Story Short: Before you do any viewings in this area - ask the estate agent to get a letter on behalf of the management company to you stating there are no issues with Pyrite. If they don't get this for you - don't waste your time viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

That won't work as they will simply say unaware. The only sure way to rule out the presence of Pyrite is to have the stone infill below the ground floor slab sample tested by a geotechnical engineering firm who can tell you the percentage levels of Pyrite in the stone infill and if these levels are high enough that they are likely to cause floor heave at a level that will produces the damage.

Advertisement