Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child is asking for too much off santa

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

my mum had to tell my brother when he was 13 and was in first year as she was afraid he would be picked on.

we had both stopped believing in santa before that but my parents got divorced when my brother was 11 and i think the idea of santa helped him get through it in a odd way.

my cousins were told that when they stopped believing in santa then they wouldn't get any more presents, my cousin at 14 told my uncle to stop being silly and he never got a present again. My cousins still get santa presents and they are in there 30s! Obviously they know its their parents but its still a nice idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

We still get Santa presents too and we are in our 30s. My parents are mad into Christmas and just like to call them that :) My husbands parents are the same. We still even get stockings which ever house we are at for Christmas and the mammys even ask us what we got :) It makes them happy and all of us happy too and now that the next Generation has started we get to start all over again.

As into Christmas as we all are however and my parents were not poor (not rich but not poor) we always got One big present, one small present and a surprise and were told that Santa had to divide his toys/money evenly. So when we saw our cousins with 12 presents we were told well they cost less.... we were kids so just accepted that.

Advertisement