Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Selling phone to CEX - Great offer

• 02-10-2014 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I got the 6 plus 64GB last week. After using it for the past few days I have come to the conclusion that the phone is a little big for me. I was happy to continue using the phone, but then I saw that CEX are offering to purchase the phone for €944.00 :eek:

Doing the maths, I decided to sell the phone (did so today), and will now buy the iPhone 6 instead direct from Apple.

The way it worked out for me:
    • Purchase price (Plus 64GB, vodafone upgrade): €429.00
    • Sell price (to CEX): €944.00 :eek:
    • Purchase price (6 64GB direct from apple): €799.00
    • Updated amount spent: €284.00
    • Vodafone's price for same phone: €349.00
    • Total saved: €65

Even if you buy direct from Apple and then sell immediately you come away with profit. Bizarre, but there you go...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

are you sure thats not the price for a unlocked phone that they are giving you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They are offering so much because of the Apple wait times. That price will drop in a month or so as Apple get to grips with orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

shanec1928 wrote: »
    are you sure thats not the price for a unlocked phone that they are giving you.

Nope, sold my vodafone locked phone for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Yep. That happens every year for the first month. Did you see their sell prices for the 6?

Was passing the shop in Portlaoise. They had a 6 16gb locked to vodafone for well over €800 :eek:

You could buy and unlocked 64g for less direct from Apple. Who would buy it for that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yep. That happens every year for the first month. Did you see their sell prices for the 6?

Was passing the shop in Portlaoise. They had a 6 16gb locked to vodafone for well over €800 :eek:

You could buy and unlocked 64g for less direct from Apple. Who would buy it for that price?

Ppl who want it NOW.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement