Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland

Options
  • 02-10-2014 1:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

Hi all,

Just a little post to warn you about this company.
    My story : I move in in a new Flat. I never had any contract with this company. Obviously the previous tenant had one contract with this company. When i moved in, I chose another supplier of electricity. There was no contract anymore on this property.

Yesterday, I received a letter, saying that my electricity was about to be stopped. I called them 3 times, and all the agents I got over the phone tried to force me to subscribe a contract with them (with 300 euros deposit).
    My landlord confirmed that it was totally illegal.
    I called back, and fortunately Aoife saved me : I have a contract with another supplier, and there is no need for me to have a contract with them. Indeed, there was a note on the MPRN saying that the contract was with another company.

I am here to denounce these actions. I am here to thank the only competent person I got on the Phone : Aoife.

<snip>
    Thank you for your patience.

Signed : A Non-customer for ever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi AngryFrench,

Sorry to read you are unhappy. Without knowing more about the situation we would be unable to deal with your complaint, but we would be happy to look into this for you.

If you would like us to do so please send us a private message with your name, MPRN number, address and a brief outline of what happened.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 AngryFrench

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]No thank you. Situation solved : I don't need any contract with you. I don't WANT a contract with you. I have nothing to do with you. I have already a contract with another supplier. Your employees <snip>. Until the landlord intervene... [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]It was just to warn people to be careful when they call you.[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]On 4 calls, just one of your agent didn't try to sell me against my will a contract and make me pay 300 euros...[/font]

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Since your situation is resolved, I am closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement