Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City - Traffic!

Options
  • 02-10-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'll be getting the Aircoach to Dublin Airport next Wednesday - it will be passing through the city between 8.30-10am. It will first stop at Bachelors Quay and then make its way to the Airport.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if traffic is chronic in that area in general, I don't want to miss the flight while also not waiting hours in an airport to catch it...

Thanks for any replies in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Where are you getting it from ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

uch wrote: »
    Where are you getting it from ?

Cork City. I've got it before from Cork but it's always been on Saturday morning - It generally take 3hours from city to city...and they say add an extra 30mins for the airport....

But this will be a weekday...at rush hour :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are bus lanes and it also uses the port tunnel.

If you are travelling from Cork, I would leave a minimum of an hour between expected arrival at Dublin Airport and check-in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The timetable is here which shows scheduled arrival times at Dublin Airport:
    http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-704-x-cork-dublin-city-dublin-airport-express

As Victor says, I'd allow an hour on top of allowing 90-120 minutes check in-time before your flight.

Advertisement