Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter Train Rush/Lusk to City Centre

Options
  • 02-10-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi - i know from some experience that the commuter trains leaving Rush/Lusk station 8.28am in the morning are usually very full. However, i wondered if the 9.04am train into connolly is any less packed?
    Can anyone generally tell me what the best time in the mornings to get the train for commuter purposes is - i can basically catch one any time up to the 9.04am one.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Have you looked at getting the 33x bus?
    It's cheaper and faster and you're more likely to get a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I get on at Gormanston - here is my synopsis for a commuter getting on at Rush/Lusk. In your case the 9.04 one would be the best.

7.41 train: Comfortable standing room but no seat (unless someone else gets off).

8.09 train: The busiest train - you will always be able to get on the train but it can get quite busy and is the most uncomfortable for standing on. No one really gets off it until Dublin Connolly so not much chance of a seat becoming available (the stop after Donabate is Connolly).

8.28 train: Comfortable standing room but no seat. I find quite a few people get off this train in Howth Junction so if you get on around the 3rd, 4th or 5th carriage you have a fair chance of a seat at Howth Junction.

9.04 train: I reckon you'd get a seat on this most mornings. There is certainly plenty of standing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any chance of one for Donabate? ;)

Moving out there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Any chance of one for Donabate? ;)

Moving out there soon

Just add around 3mins to the times quoted above. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Just add around 3mins to the times quoted above. :-)

So same around standing room etc?

Thats not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Definetly look at the 33x, I recently moved back to Skerries and find it great. If you are getting on in Rush you'll get a seat, Lusk you may have to stand. Also it cuts out the trek to the station. I've never timed it but I'd say it's roughly a hour from Skerries to O'Connell bridge.

Advertisement