Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any quickfire way to delete duplicates on iTunes?

• 02-10-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

My library is in an awful state at the moment, some songs duplicated as much as 5 times... I have no notion of manually selecting the ones I dont want as i did it once before two years ago and it took over half a day..

Is there any spam free programs on the net that will do a job on this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Not free, but worth $15 if it took you half a day last time around:

http://dougscripts.com/apps/dupinapp.php

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

RonanC wrote: »
    Not free, but worth $15 if it took you half a day last time around:

http://dougscripts.com/apps/dupinapp.php

Have you used it?
    Does it work?
    How easy or difficult is it to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Was there not an option in iTunes to select 'Delete Duplicates' from one of the toolbar options somewhere. Could've swore there was....

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

SuperOito wrote: »
    Was there not an option in iTunes to select 'Delete Duplicates' from one of the toolbar options somewhere. Could've swore there was....

Not to my knowledge.... A serious feature lacking from iTunes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Just open iTunes on your pc/laptop & on the sidebar under Library choose Music. Then go up to View & choose Show Duplicate Items. From there you can either highlight & delete the duplicates or untick the songs you want to keep, then edit & delete.

• Advertisement
Advertisement