Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last time you started one of these our title challenge imploded :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This one might kick start it. :o :pac: :P

Feel free to lock and delete and setup your own one if ya want :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah, you should have been more on the ball there Mickeroo.

As lazy as Ozil you are.

:pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, you should have been more on the ball there Mickeroo.

As lazy as Ozil you are.

:pac:

But if you re-read my posts you'll see it was a masterclass all along. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Isn't this nice

• Advertisement

If ye win Sunday I'm closing this thread and Mickeroo can start his own. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not like these new surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

GavRedKing wrote: »

Chaos theory???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hopefully Mick will do the same, should we lose. You're a bit of a curse G, I'm expecting a drubbing now.

If ye lose Mick can start a new thread, if ye win, I'm starting a new thread and if its a draw sure we'll carry on regardless. :P

My offer still stands though, if Mick wants to start a new thread and banish the curse (apparently) then by all means fire away. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If ye lose Mick can start a new thread, if ye win, I'm starting a new thread and if its a draw sure we'll carry on regardless. :P

My offer still stands though, if Mick wants to start a new thread and banish the curse (apparently) then by all means fire away. :)

It's all a bit of a joke to me, and I think, most others.

Just so I don't turn into a Bud Light drinker:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You timed the start of this new thread to coincide with our game at Stamford Bridge didn't you Gav?
    You are superstitious but i've counteracted your magic with a spell of my own.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I prefer to think of a new thread as a change of fortune. By my reckoning we should be in for a run of 10 wins on the trot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd just like to say Thanks Gav for not just closing the last thread without a comment. All too often a mod will just close the thread and open another and it could be a day or more before I cop that it's been done because the old thread is just quietly locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

We're doomed...we're doomed...we're doomed...:D

A win would obviously be a very good result but I'd be satisified with a draw. Whether or not we have the squad available to set up how I'd like is another thing. If we'd kept Vermaelen I'd have been tempted to stick him in with Flamini but that's beside the point. Not having proper RB cover means now Chambers isn't an option in front of the defence either.
    Bleh, any scrappy draw will do. :pac:

A win would obviously be a very good result but I'd be satisified with a draw. Whether or not we have the squad available to set up how I'd like is another thing. If we'd kept Vermaelen I'd have been tempted to stick him in with Flamini but that's beside the point. Not having proper RB cover means now Chambers isn't an option in front of the defence either.

And no injuries, that's another one, a scrappy draw with no injuries would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I agree with you for once. Any type of result would be great. Even if its backs to the wall I dont care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Honestly would take any kind of result after last year's shambles. We let ourselves down that day, we are better than that, really need to try and show it on Sunday.

You timed the start of this new thread to coincide with our game at Stamford Bridge didn't you Gav?
    You are superstitious but i've counteracted your magic with a spell of my own.:D

Jaysus its like the Liverpool fans and their double jinxing last year, that was mighty confusing, wasnt sure if people were serious or not at the start. :pac:

Ah it was just lucky timing I guess, I wont be around much on Sunday I'd say, I've a 30th Saturday so I'll be posting from a hospital bed I'd reckon.

• Advertisement

jonny666 wrote: »
    I agree with you for once. Any type of result would be great. Even if its backs to the wall I dont care.
    For me it's all about the result. I'll find it hard to criticise selection because we're in a bind at the moment. Tactics I'll criticise if needs be though. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

NOT A DIG AT LIVERPOOL OR THEIR FANS! Just saw it on Twitter thought it was funny.

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 36 seconds ago

Can Liverpool still qualify if they beat Basel at home? Yes. They are just suffering from maybe little bit don't-have-Suarez-anymore niggle.

For me it's all about the result. I'll find it hard to criticise selection because we're in a bind at the moment. Tactics I'll criticise if needs be though. :P

Start getting prepared so cause we all know what our tactics will be! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

We HAVE to learn from last year.. That result was arguably the worst performance in the history of the club. But it's in the past.. We can attack them with our pace but we need that discipline in midfield.. Huge test but I refuse to go into a game expecting a hammering

Start getting prepared so cause we all know what our tactics will be! :)
    I'm hoping to be drinking and not online to be honest :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

What a ****in picture!

1622147_643988322413370_2789450967437951408_n.png?oh=c49d8487b6206eb9b8c5d46d4ccd851b&oe=54CAC185

Why does he always do that to his shorts? It's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

On the 9th of March 2010, Nicklas Bendtner was the last Arsenal player to score a hat-trick in the Champions League.

He kinda reminds me of a Maori doing the haka when he is taking a free kick or something. Pulling up his shorts and sticking his tongue out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Or Fabian Barthez used to always do it too, pull his shorts way up, was hilarious, always think of that when I think of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Superstitious

Does he always have them pulled up or is it usually for set-pieces? Could be a form of self hypnosis. If he does all these physical things like pulling his shorts up etc, they put him into a mental state where he feels he is in control.

Quite a few sporting heads do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

So Fabregas to score an own goal, rip off his Chelsea jersey to reveal an Arsenal one, run to sideline and high five Arsene and then moon Jose.

Could it happen? Could it????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ronjo wrote: »
    So Fabregas to score an own goal, rip off his Chelsea jersey to reveal an Arsenal one, run to sideline and high five Arsene and then moon Jose.

Could it happen? Could it????

About as likely as a ref mistaking one player for another and sending the wrong one off !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

greendom wrote: »
    About as likely as a ref mistaking one player for another and sending the wrong one off !

Ah now in fairness thats just ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I really really want us to win the weekend

Soooooooooo bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I really really want us to win the weekend

Soooooooooo bad

Even though its not the be all and end all, I would really love this one just really fcukin love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Soups123 wrote: »
    Even though its not the be all and end all, I would really love this one just really fcukin love it.

In the bigger scheme of things will probably mean fcuk all

It's just to beat them

To beat him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If we're talking flares, this trumps the lot:

Rui-Costa-Materazzi-e1349599215396.jpg

• Advertisement

In the bigger scheme of things will probably mean fcuk all

It's just to beat them

To beat him

Wenger is due at least one win in the league alright over Jose, although I'm cautiously optimistic it wont be this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

lol

Id love if we parked the bus. Got a really boring nil all and Jose complains about 19th century football

or a win :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Id love if we parked the bus. Got a really boring nil all and Jose complains about 19th century football

That is what Wenger should be doing, not parking the bus but set up to contain Chelsea and play on the counter as that's where we can be hurt. If Arsenal come to play at Stamford Bridge they will be picked off imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger doesn't play that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

A win would be an amazing boost to our year, cant see it but at least we're going into the match with no high hopes

Off topic but does any of u play fifa 15 on ps4?

Would you like to do a trial on a club i am in?

We play or try to play like barcelona so a lot of pass and move.

PM if your interested

PM if your interested

Can you set up a club and get real life players to play in it?

:confused:

All news to me.

Can you set up a club and get real life players to play in it?

:confused:

All news to me.

yea kind of. its 11v11 online

PM if your interested

Whats the standard like? I only play with a very select bunch of lads who are worse than me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement